• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    View attachment 290542
    The window shade which is pulled down in front of my gun bench captured a wayward pivot pin detent spring for me earlier this evening. Thanks window shade!
    I've so far have found several, and I've also lost a few. I keep multiple small parts around for those occasions.

I was cleaning a Glock Striker and I have an XP spring on it. I was putting it back together, and I thought I had it so I let go. Nope it shot up, and the one half of the cup went flying. The other I managed to catch with my finger.
    Glocks are worthless with out it. Basically an expensive paperweight.
    I looked for an hour everywhere in my gun room. I should have found it somewhere, but i didn't.
    So I ordered in a few new cups. OEM, and some new fancy Ghost Maritime cups because they were on sale for around $5 IIRC.
    My son came over later. I told him what happened he goes into the gun room comes out in about 30 seconds with the other half of the cup.
    I ask where he found it so he showed me. It landed on top of my vise handle. It was pretty impossible to land on it, and I never even thought to look there.
    Thank God for children with good eyes.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Ever considered using the plastic bag method?

You find one of those giant (2+ gallon) ziplock storage bags for sports gear and linens. You assemble the item inside the bag. That way if the object goes flying, it doesnt leave the bag.
    That is a great method. I routinely did a job cutting both ends of 24 pieces of fret wire with flush cutting end nippers. The little sharp pieces would fly all over. I started putting my pliers in a plastic bag and pushing the ends of the wire into a hole in the bag before I cut them. The scrap would stay in the bag. It worked perfectly.

Top Bottom