• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have long been a big fan of the quality and workmanship of WW. If I weren’t so prone to boating accidents, I might have been tempted to buy one or two. Palmettos have their place, but I would put Windham right up there in quality with spikes tactical or maybe even BCM. It’s just that BCM is way over priced.
    IFIFY...

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well this stinks.

While I don't have a Windham branded rifle, I do have a Windham Maine marked Bushmaster.
    (though I may have bought some AR parts from Windham Weaponry itself)

Guess we should have known when the Bushmaster brand name went up for sale and WW didn't snap it up.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Guess we should have known when the Bushmaster brand name went up for sale and WW didn't snap it up
    I wonder if by that time the damage to the Bushmaster brand had already been done and WW wanted to continue to try to distinguish themselves. Although had they bought the brand back and used it to build higher end more contemporary products that actually rose to the level of DD or BCM then they may have had a shot. We'll never know now

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Beat me to it. Damn. So much for a life time warranty. Resa. Le will be "good luck". I just bought one of their 20" govt models 2 years ago as my first-ever AR15, and now this. Just my luck. I ordered a CLE float tube for it last week. Guess I'll call CLE tomorrow and see if I can cancel it. I swear, if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Time to start saving for a RRA NM rifle. Damn.

Jon
    I'll buy it at "good luck" +$1.00

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    1/2 of all the firearms I own are from brands that are long gone. That does not make them less valuable. Most any service ever needed may be a spring or a firing pin, something that a capable gunsmith can supply for any brand. In the case of a Windham AR, every part is easy to find all the way from cheapie 3rd world stuff up to bling level high tech stuff.

As far as warranty, have you ever needed to pay the cost of shipping for a breakdown?

We bought firearms for years with 30 or 60 day warranties and except for a COLT Python, that went out of time the first day, I have not ever needed a warranty, certainly not when it was late in the game.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I love my Windham MPC. That rifle just runs and runs, doesn't care what ammo I feed it and doesn't care if it's lubed or not.
    I wanted a Windham Thumper, which I think was a .450 Bushmaster, but sadly never got around to getting one.

Reactions: Leo

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I'm a big fan. I studied long and hard before buying my first and only AR. I landed on the VEX .223 for a number of reasons including the history of the company. It is one of the finest firearms I've ever owned. I'd love to have one of their CDI .308s.
    6jySNdnl.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No surprise. Could not get guns out of WW for years. I had their M16A4 clone on order for over 2 years, cancelled it and got a Stag.

WW took on a lot of water and overextended themselves.

Top Bottom