• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Well I just bought a Winchester 94 Wrangler in 44 mag today. Walked into the gun store without any intent in buying a gun. I asked if they had any lever actions in 44mag as I have been wanting one for awhile. Salesman (Keith at Freedom Firearms) pulls down a Winchester 94 "Wrangler" in 44 mag with the big loop and 16.1" barrel. It's the 100th anniversary model and has 1894-1994 stamped on the receiver, and it came with the original box and paperwork. It was new in the box, never been fired. Apparently someone inherited it and wasn't into guns so they traded it in, said it's only been there 4 days. It has a few little handling handling marks but other than that it's in great condition, wood is perfect.

So I now have my first lever action, is it shooter or not? Whether it is or isn't I will still shoot it, just depends on if I take it in the field...I will be honest, I'm not a lever action guy but I know Winchester's are not made state side anymore and figured I wouldn't lose money on the deal. Paid 642 out the door. Can't have done too bad as there is one in the EE for 700

Last edited:
    Top Bottom