• ...and so much more!
  • Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I decided to get a Wilson drop in grip safety for a Combat Commander because the pistol came with one of those annoying "duck bill"
    grip safeties.

After installing the new grip safety I thought the fit to the frame was pretty good then came the function check. No go. The trigger wouldn't pull at all. In went the original grip safety and it worked fine so I try the Wilson again. No go. I had that thing apart many times trying to figure it out. After comparing the two side by side using a punch in the thumb safety hole I seen the extension on the new grip safety was longer. Out came a small file. Once installed I could pull the trigger but felt initial resistance and knew I was getting somewhere. Then a bit more filing, doing a search and found this video. If installing one of these save yourself some time figuring it out on your own and just watch this. Very good source. I took the difficult, time consuming route.

ETA. you can also discern when it is right by using a trigger pull gauge between the two for resistance.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom