Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I was referencing the vaccine, not vitamin d.
    You quoted a portion of my post, which was clearly about Vitamin D. And you said it was not accurate.

But now you say you were not talking about Vitamin D, but rather about a vaccine.

So by taking my post out of context and claiming it was not accurate, are you 1) intentionally trying to mislead others or 2) just have bad reading comprehension, or is it that 3) you are pushing your agenda?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Gimme C, D, B complex, zinc and silver.
    And if I ever need it, the HCQ that has been shown to work pretty darn good.
    C, B Complex and Zinc have been shown to be ineffective in double blind studies. I know of no studies with silver (to which I presume you are referring colloidal silver?). D, in high enough daily doses, is proven to be moderately effective in actually preventing the disease. It also is showing to be effective in reducing symptoms.

HCQ seems to work in low doses at the onset of the disease, if taken later in the course of the disease it seems to be ineffective.

Ivermectin seems to be far more effective than HCQ. Ivermectin is both a preventative and a treatment and shows good results in metadata analysis at all stages of the disease.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My mother told me her Dr are saying it's only good for 3-6 months and you still have to wear a mask. She said why take it in the first place. I agree that sounds idiotic. No reason to take it unless forced to.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    My mother told me her Dr are saying it's only good for 3-6 months and you still have to wear a mask. She said why take it in the first place. I agree that sounds idiotic. No reason to take it unless forced to.
    I have 2 different types of doctors.

Those who I know personally as friends, and then there are those who I go to for various treatments. The doctors who I go to for treatments tend to "follow the party line" with what they recommend.

Those with whom I have a personal relationship tend to say something like "well unofficially..." They then follow that up with based on past experiences with vaccines it is likely that immunity will last for a long time, potentially many years, it is likely that immunity is better to be described as highly resistant, and that if you get it at some point in the future it will be very very mild. They also admit that there may be booster/seasonal shots to combat variants as it mutates.

But they typically also say the masks orders are pretty much crap, unless people use quality (N95) masks, and keep them clean and dry then most masks do very little and mask orders pretty much don't work because most people treat their masks worse than they treat a dirty dishrag. Again, the exception is typically made for the N95 mask, which they universally say seem to actually do a good job at protecting the person who wears it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That sounds like a game of "telephone".

Have you tried confirming this fact?

Modern medicine seems to have a big CYA factor built into it today that isn't understood by most anyone else. Probably the reason a dr would such a thing, and why all medicine commercials list a litany of possible side effects.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    I recall there was a German doctor that said bourbon ingested quickly after contraction may kill it in the in the throat as he believed it often resided there before moving to the lungs. Never saw further testing. LOL
    alcohol may kill the virus but also weakens your immune system. does more harm than good. IANAD

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    That sounds like a game of "telephone".

Have you tried confirming this fact?

Modern medicine seems to have a big CYA factor built into it today that isn't understood by most anyone else. Probably the reason a dr would such a thing, and why all medicine commercials list a litany of possible side effects.
    I told her to stay away from these unproven vaccines. Maybe a year from now or two years from now we will actually know more about it how they worked what long term side effects these vaccines will have. Right now they don't even know if they will work at all or how long, or long term side effects. In our area it isn't much of a problem and the few that do get it have had little problems recovering from it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My mother told me her Dr are saying it's only good for 3-6 months and you still have to wear a mask. She said why take it in the first place...
    Let's assume that this is exactly what was said...

Just because one is a doctor, doesn't mean they know what they are talking about in all facets of health-related matters.

22+ plus years representing doctors informs my opinion.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Let's assume that this is exactly what was said...

Just because one is a doctor, doesn't mean they know what they are talking about in all facets of health-related matters.

22+ plus years representing doctors informs my opinion.
    I agree when tv Dr were saying wear cloth and surgical mask and anyone with any knowledge knows this will not keep you safe from a weaponize virus. So I agree most Dr don't know much. My Dr's tell me masks are not going to work unless it's an n95 and I use proper hygiene aka wash or sanitize my hands before touching my face. So far I have not caught it I only wear a mask where they force you to get service. I use proper hygiene protocol and have not gotten this Chinese virus to date.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I agree when tv Dr were saying wear cloth and surgical mask and anyone with any knowledge knows this will not keep you safe from a weaponize virus. So I agree most Dr don't know much. My Dr's tell me masks are not going to work unless it's an n95 and I use proper hygiene aka wash or sanitize my hands before touching my face. So far I have not caught it I only wear a mask where they force you to to get service. I use proper hygiene protocol and have not gotten this Chinese virus to date.
    I don't know why anyone would wear a mask when not required.

I haven't gotten it either. My point about the doctor was simply that this statement is not based upon evidence. The vaccines may or may not last for years, but it is known that they last longer than 3 to 6 months as does, with most people, the resistance from getting the disease.

Mask wearing after vaccination has nothing to do with vaccines not being effective. It has to do with the practical impossibility of having a mask mandate for some and not all.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't wear them in stores or anywhere they are not forcing me. Usually Dr office or hospital is the only place I am forced to wear one. Still with this weaponized virus if you don't have the proper mask it isn't going to stop it from affecting you. You will breath it right in through the cloth or surgical mask you are wearing. So why wear a mask at all unless it's a n95 mask?

You all go right ahead and get your vaccine and wear your cloth mask it makes me feel so much safer.

dfcrane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Feb 25, 2011
    South West Indiana
    My wife and I both got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine Sunday at our local Walmart. Took about 10 minutes. Neither of us experienced any side effects other than shoulder a little sore the next day.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't wear them in stores or anywhere they are not forcing me. Usually Dr office or hospital is the only place I am forced to wear one. Still with this weaponized virus if you don't have the proper mask it isn't going to stop it from affecting you. You will breath it right in through the cloth or surgical mask you are wearing. So why wear a mask at all unless it's a n95 mask?

You all go right ahead and get your vaccine and wear your cloth mask it makes me feel so much safer.
    We have other places to discuss mask efficacy, but comparing size of weave and size of a single virus does not take into account the world of factors.

Anyhoo, my position is simple. May help; doesn't hurt; mild inconvenience.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Not entirely accurate... they only have proof that it lasts 6 months because that's the longest anyone has had the vaccine in their bodies and been studied. How long it will actually last, is just a guess.

And, masks are only required/recommended when in contact with unvaccinated, primarily to protect them. Groups of fully vaccinated can gather unmasked, hug, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom