• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Yeah, it's tough being a Colts fan in NWI. One of the greatest moments of my life was seeing a soggy, dejected Brian Urlacher after the Colts beat the Bears in the Super Bowl. Why do Indiana people support a losing team from Chicago, when they have a winning team with the greatest QB in the NFL right here in their home state?????
    When did the Vikings move to Indiana?

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    BS... they've proven it too many times.

However... they can not survive this season if they can not stop the run.

Aye, the Colts are getting predictable and we've always had problems stopping the run.
    Sanders was hitting big and hard, and went and hurt himself again... I hope it's not too serious, if he stays healthy he showed that he's still a huge threat...

Last edited:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Yeah, they'll definitely pick up steam after a couple games.

well, poss protection better improve, or curtis painter will lead the colts to a top 10 pick.

anybody else notice that when the colts run addai dances around in the backfield dodging defenders to get 3-4 yards, but when somebody runs on the colts their d-line gets pushed back 3-4 yards before the other team's HB even gets around his blockers?

if the pass protection and run defense don't improve this team will be lucky to go to the playoffs.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    The last time I looked Favre was still playing, had arguably the best season of his career last year, and has most of the career records that Manning is trying to break.

That was last year. He probably should have stayed retired. He sure didn't look very good Thursday night. I appreciate what he has done, and have always enjoyed watching him, but I have a problem having respect for a guy that retires multiple times. In the long run stats and records mean nothing. The ultimate goal is a Superbowl win. Favre has the same number of Superbowl rings as Manning...one, and the same number of Superbowl losses as Manning...one.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    You people that gripe about the stadium seem to forget that it get used for more than just Colt games. There is a constant flow of events that come into Indianapolis that utilize the convention center, and Lucas Oil Stadium. Think about all the revenue that is brought into the city, and all the jobs that are created, by the events that take place in these venues. Think about all the jobs that were, and are still created by the construction that goes along with these venues. Publicly funded stadiums are the norm and have been for some time. Downtown Indy used to be a dump, now it is a pleasure to spend time in the city. Quit whining, and consider yourself lucky to be a part of such a great city, and be happy that the Irsay's brought the Colts to town. If you want to whine make your own whining thread, this thread is for Colts fans.

One of the first things that really irks me about the Ir$ay Stadium is that the news reported he was the one who wanted the fancy moving roof. The damn thing was either $10M or $20M extra, and it rarely ever open. When they first opened it, everyone said "It's too hot!" if it is early in the season. If it is later in the season, it will be "Too cold!" When you factor in the interest, lets just say it was $20M flushed down the sewers just to appease a few.

Secondly, if it is so much more than a Colts Stadium, why does Ir$ay get half of all the food/beverage sales for all those events you listed? When it was all said and done, the man only had to part with $50M of his own money. Not only that, he used the taxpayers ability to pay to get ultra low financing....will the city back me if I go to refi my mortgage?

As far as making money, you must be dreaming. These stadiums don't make money, period. If they did, people like Ir$ay would make dame sure they were 100% private, with 100% of the proceeds going to his bank account. The fact is, the NFL has let player wages get out-of-control. If we didn't have people like Manning making tens of millions a year, then people like Ir$ay could build their own stadiums. Now we are going to have a players union who is going to demand even more from the owners, and why not? They know damn well that various "leaders" will just bend over the local taxpayers to bailout the owners, who will then be able to pay the players $300K/year to sit on the bench (on the low end). It is things like this why I start to care less and less about this country. It is very hard for me to want to vote for people who want to give the rich tax breaks, when more and more of "the rich" are only rich because they get the government's help to take my money.

This issue is so sickening, that I came up with my own 'Ir$ay Deductions' as a means to avoid the tax and not get stuck bailing out billionaires. Here are two of them:

#1: Eat out less. It sucks not being able to spend money at local mom and pop places, but I am sick of paying what is a 9% or 10% tax on food, some of which is going to bailout billionaires. It is much cheaper to eat at home, and while it may cause a hardship for some if thousands follow my lead, oh well, at least we will have a fancy moving roof stadium surrounded by out-of-business restaurant store fronts all over the city.

#2: On the few occasions I do eat out, I have stopped with my typical 22-30% tipping. I am a picky eater, and don't eat that much. So my typical bill at a place like TGI Fridays would be around $9.00. It used to be common for me to leave at a min. $2.50 on such a bill, usually more like $3.00, but ever since government has taken more and more, and gave it to others, I have become very picky. So now, instead of the > 20% tips, I make it a point to only tip 20%. I figure if the waitstaff wants to throw a hissy fit about it, fine, I will just expand upon #1 and let them learn first hand that 20% of $0.00 is nothing.

I figure if Ir$ay gets his by making others pay, I can get mine the same way.

I long for the day to see the Colts only able to draw 40K to Lucas Oil Stadium. Thankfully it will come soon. Manning is getting old, and I don't think he can take getting hit. He had many years of good protection, especially in these later years, as he was aging. Once Manning is gone and we have lots of four win seasons, the bandwagon Indy fans will be gone, and Ir$ay's cash registers at the stadium will be lighter than usual. :laugh:

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    One of the first things that really irks me about the Ir Stadium is that the news reported he was the one who wanted the fancy moving roof. The damn thing was either $10M or $20M extra, and it rarely ever open. When they first opened it, everyone said "It's too hot!" if it is early in the season. If it is later in the season, it will be "Too cold!" When you factor in the interest, lets just say it was $20M flushed down the sewers just to appease a few.

Secondly, if it is so much more than a Colts Stadium, why does Ir get half of all the food/beverage sales for all those events you listed? When it was all said and done, the man only had to part with $50M of his own money. Not only that, he used the taxpayers ability to pay to get ultra low financing....will the city back me if I go to refi my mortgage?

As far as making money, you must be dreaming. These stadiums don't make money, period. If they did, people like Ir would make dame sure they were 100% private, with 100% of the proceeds going to his bank account. The fact is, the NFL has let player wages get out-of-control. If we didn't have people like Manning making tens of millions a year, then people like Ir could build their own stadiums. Now we are going to have a players union who is going to demand even more from the owners, and why not? They know damn well that various "leaders" will just bend over the local taxpayers to bailout the owners, who will then be able to pay the players $300K/year to sit on the bench (on the low end). It is things like this why I start to care less and less about this country. It is very hard for me to want to vote for people who want to give the rich tax breaks, when more and more of "the rich" are only rich because they get the government's help to take my money.

This issue is so sickening, that I came up with my own 'Ir Deductions' as a means to avoid the tax and not get stuck bailing out billionaires. Here are two of them:

#1: Eat out less. It sucks not being able to spend money at local mom and pop places, but I am sick of paying what is a 9% or 10% tax on food, some of which is going to bailout billionaires. It is much cheaper to eat at home, and while it may cause a hardship for some if thousands follow my lead, oh well, at least we will have a fancy moving roof stadium surrounded by out-of-business restaurant store fronts all over the city.

#2: On the few occasions I do eat out, I have stopped with my typical 22-30% tipping. I am a picky eater, and don't eat that much. So my typical bill at a place like TGI Fridays would be around $9.00. It used to be common for me to leave at a min. $2.50 on such a bill, usually more like $3.00, but ever since government has taken more and more, and gave it to others, I have become very picky. So now, instead of the > 20% tips, I make it a point to only tip 20%. I figure if the waitstaff wants to throw a hissy fit about it, fine, I will just expand upon #1 and let them learn first hand that 20% of $0.00 is nothing.

I figure if Ir gets his by making others pay, I can get mine the same way.

I long for the day to see the Colts only able to draw 40K to Lucas Oil Stadium. Thankfully it will come soon. Manning is getting old, and I don't think he can take getting hit. He had many years of good protection, especially in these later years, as he was aging. Once Manning is gone and we have lots of four win seasons, the bandwagon Indy fans will be gone, and Ir's cash registers at the stadium will be lighter than usual. :laugh:

So what you are saying is that the City of Indianapolis would be better off without the stadium, without the Colts, without the convention center, and without any attractions in the downtown area. Fortunately, you seem to be the minority.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So what you are saying is that the City of Indianapolis would be better off without the stadium, without the Colts, without the convention center, and without any attractions in the downtown area. Fortunately, you seem to be the minority.

I'm a proud member of that minority as well. Just because the majority of the people support something, it doesn't mean it's right.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Why do Indiana people support a losing team from Chicago, when they have a winning team with the greatest QB in the NFL right here in their home state?????

Perhaps Farve WAS the greatest QB in the NFL at one time, but his time is passed. I am talking about the present day.

That was last year. He probably should have stayed retired. He sure didn't look very good Thursday night. I appreciate what he has done, and have always enjoyed watching him, but I have a problem having respect for a guy that retires multiple times. In the long run stats and records mean nothing. The ultimate goal is a Superbowl win. Favre has the same number of Superbowl rings as Manning...one, and the same number of Superbowl losses as Manning...one.

Whoa, the Patriots moved to IN overnight and I didn't hear about it? That's crazy! I've been watching football all day and didn't hear anything.

Wait...You must be talking about paper champions. My bad.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Damn...BALLER!!!

Those servers are REALLY going to miss your bidness.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Count me in as part of the minority also. I get really tired of the 'look how much money it brings into the community' argument. Any profitable business brings money into the city. If the Colts, Pacers, or any other business can't make enough to pay their way, then let them move or close.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Count me in as part of the minority also. I get really tired of the 'look how much money it brings into the community' argument. Any profitable business brings money into the city. If the Colts, Pacers, or any other business can't make enough to pay their way, then let them move or close.

While I see your point ... the problem is how many other businesses would be affectedby. The decrease in downtown visitors.

Top Bottom