Will a Rami slide stop work in the Phantom frame?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I'm looking for a minimalist slide stop that will more reliably lock open on last shot with my grip. I know the Rami stop is pretty flush in comparison to the stock 75 stop and would like to know if it's going to fit my Phantom before I drop $34 on it. I understand there are some subtle differences with the Phantom but I'm not sure that extends to all frame parts.

Thanks for the help,

Zombie-

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    If you don't get an answer here, I'm sure somebody over at czfirearms.us has tried it before. You also may be able to ask the guys at Cajun Gun Works, I'm sure they'd know.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    @patience
    It's my high thumbs grip and size of hands. Occasionally, my palm will prevent the slide stop from raising and locking open on last round. It's costly in time, during a match, when I have to sling shot a round in. Seems trivial, perhaps, but every second I can shave off counts during a match. I think the Rami stop would alleviate the issue. I'll give CZC a call and find out, then update.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I talked to both CZC and Cajun. Cajun couldn't answer the question, they had never been asked it prior and didn't have a Rami in stock to see. I will say they have awesome customer service. They called me back even though I hadn't left a message, I thought that was nice. CZC says it won't work because the Phantom frame is a little wider and recommended I purchase a spare slide stop and file/grind it down or have one milled. I'm going to do some pricing and find out how much it is to get one custom milled.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    @patience
    It's my high thumbs grip and size of hands. Occasionally, my palm will prevent the slide stop from raising and locking open on last round. It's costly in time, during a match, when I have to sling shot a round in. Seems trivial, perhaps, but every second I can shave off counts during a match. I think the Rami stop would alleviate the issue. I'll give CZC a call and find out, then update.
    How is your palm getting anywhere near the slide stop? I'm confused.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    How is your palm getting anywhere near the slide stop? I'm confused.

I'm betting it's more the meaty part of his thumb. I've had this issue with some pistols.

hgcombatg_100206d.jpg

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    @chezuki
    That's right, more of the meaty portion of the thumb. Here's a pic of my grip on the Phantom. My hands pretty much eat the gun.
    9zm7op.jpg
    [/IMG]

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    @chezuki
    Yes, I believe that could work if the Rami-P frame is wider like the Phantoms. I inspected my grip a bit closer today, the way my thumb arches should clear the slide lock completely if I grind it down, or find the Rami-P stop actually works.

Top Bottom