• ...and so much more!
  • Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    Sorry for the late notice...

We're holding our final Multi-Gun match of 2010 on October 31st at Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club near Brookston, IN.

INMG rules apply

Required (minimum) rounds are 56 Rifle, 60 handgun and 40 shot, and 4 slugs. I recommend bringing more as these are minimum rounds required.

We plan to have six (6) fun and challenging stages for score.

Setup Saturday 10/30
    Gates open at 2PM, setup will probably continue until 6PM or so.

It is very important that we have enough people to help out with setup on Saturday and Sunday before the match, so that we can begin on time. So if you are local and can make it out, it would be much appreciated!

Sunday 10/31:
    Gates open at 8AM
    Shooters meeting at 9:45
    Shooting starts at 10AM

Match fee is $20.00* Juniors with paid adult are half price.
    *Setup crew and RO's shoot for $10.00

Wildcat Valley Website (Directions Available Here): http://wvrpc.org/

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Looks like its going to be fun. The mover will be in play but Im not sure of what the final stage is on it.
    Ill cheat a bit here and say you really will need to know your 300 yard zero/POI. That will be fun and may cause some to start talking to themselves. Plenty of short stuff for rifle as well.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Myself and a few buddies will be down. 4 or 5 of us coming I think and NOBODY has shot a 3 gun match before....should be entertaining for you professionals!!

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Myself and a few buddies will be down. 4 or 5 of us coming I think and NOBODY has shot a 3 gun match before....should be entertaining for you professionals!!

Speaking for myself "Hacker" is more like it. I solve missed shots by more shots. Thats why they make Hicap mags.

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    It's looking like it'll be a fun and maybe a little challenging match... Shots over 300 yards but nothing as close to MOA as I was hoping for with the rifle. Haha

Look forward to seeing everyone out in the morning.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Good match today. Very challenging for everyone. 350+ yd reactive steel was a great test (I'd never shot under the clock at anything over 100 yds).

Great job Tony and Brett.

GarandMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    Awesome match! At first, a little intimidating but a good challenge. I had fun, learned some things and met some good people. That is always a good combination. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks go to Brett and Tony.

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    Wildcat is a really great range. I had a killer time, but of course sucked pretty bad. THe long range station was evil incarnate for me. I learned tons of things, mainly that I need a lot of practice. I'm glad I came out for my first 3-gun and I expect to go to the match in Atlanta if my schedule permits. Also I learned that if you are new you need to bring a hell of a lot more ammo than the minimum round count. I ran out of rifle ammo on the 5th stage and had to borrow some to finish the day.

Last edited:

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Will see we can get a you tube link posted with a little video.

Glad you guys had a good time. Certain aspects of each stage are similar to things that we've seen from other matches around the country. The long range steel from the floating platform was WAY further than the 100 yards we've seen before but was way more fun too...

Thanks everyone for coming out and I hope to see you all again in 2011.

Details of the State match will be posted as soon as I get the club to give me my July 8-10 dates.

Brett

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Is there a reason you've chosen July and not a cooler time of the year?

Yeah, we chose July because 3-Gun is an intense sport and the added heat will make the match even more difficult for shooters coming in from Alaska and further North...

I'm kidding :) - It's planned for July 8 - 10 because there are no major 3-Gun matches planned yet for that weekend.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, we chose July because 3-Gun is an intense sport and the added heat will make the match even more difficult for shooters coming in from Alaska and further North...

I'm kidding :) - It's planned for July 8 - 10 because there are no major 3-Gun matches planned yet for that weekend.

Ah! Thanks ... that makes sense.

Top Bottom