• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    You might also have her try a Glock 26 or SIG P250... the reach to the trigger is good for my hands, the trigger pull is nice, and the slides are easy to operate. Oh, and they're 9mm rather than .22.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    The P22 worked out for my wife she could operate it with no problem where as she had a hard time with my 1911's.
    What worked out nice as far as I am concerned is that she soon got tired of shooting a 22 and wanted something a little more potent.
    We finally found a 9 mm 1911 with slim grips that she can grip an operate without out any problems.
    The the P22 is a good starter pistol from that aspect. She could shoot it and function it well.
    Another thing was other people didn't come right out and say it but when at the range shooting but she got the impression that others belittled the 22 and that encouraged her to move up to a larger caliber as well.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    You might also have her try a Glock 26 or SIG P250... the reach to the trigger is good for my hands, the trigger pull is nice, and the slides are easy to operate. Oh, and they're 9mm rather than .22.

A quick note about the small/sub-compact pistols:

Often times smaller statured people will buy them because of hand size or concealment issues, which are very valid concerns! However, if one is buying one thinking the slide will be easier to manipulate, you'll be in for a bit of a struggle. The smaller you make guns, the heavier you need to make the springs, so slides are often times much harder to manipulate for the operator.

:)

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Thanks for the help everyone. I made a deal with her the other day that I would buy her the P22 so she could train on it and get comfortable with the recoil, action, etc. Then, I told her that once she is putting 80% in the center, she can get whatever she wants. She agreed. Now I just need her to let me get the 61 inch Flat Screen TV that I want.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I think I'm going to have to listen to Pami..... My wife is a bigger girl and can handle a 9mm very well. And has good aim! She carries my bersa 380 right now. but she wants a 9mm and she wants it duracoated pink. Right after her Purple flower laptop comes in. But its gotta be small, reliable and kickback that can be managed.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    all i know is my wife kills me when we shoot trap, she tried a binelli*sp a rem11-87, and an old beat up 870, and she put me to shame with the 870. i fell in love again.

she has'nt shown any desire to shoot or carry a pistol and i am not pushing her to, i just made sure she knew the basics in case she needs to. hopefully she will come around

Top Bottom