• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    This weekend the wife and I attended the 2 day classes, NRA Basic Pistol/ Pesonal Protection in Home Course. The classes were hosted by the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department and taught by 2 deputies. Kudos to the Sheriff and the Deputies for providing these classes.

The wife has owned a couple of pistols and has enjoyed some range time, but in the beginning, didn't feel the need to carry. Earlier this year she decided to get her LTCH and has purse carried a few times. Neither she nor I were comfortable with that option for her.

After taking these classes she feels like she should carry all the time and we are holster shopping. She and her friend are also now looking into self defense classes.

I just wanted to brag on her a little for stepping up, keeping an open mind, and taking her and our children's safety seriously.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    That's awesome! My wife has her life permit, she doesn't want to be "manly" And carry it but insisted on the glock 22 as her gun! Lol She takes it with her but leaves it in the car. By the way...I want her to carry it and am forcing it on her lol

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Congrats!
    I recommend ACT and their defensive pistol classes. They're laid back, designed for the really fit and really lazy equally!!!
    Seriously, my wife attended a course with me recently... She (being a public school teacher) didn't have the option of carrying until last year. AAR here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-aar-acts-defensive-pistol-mar-21-2015-a.html

Thank you. I will definitely have her read your AAR. It not only sounds educational but fun.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This weekend the wife and I attended the 2 day classes, NRA Basic Pistol/ Pesonal Protection in Home Course. The classes were hosted by the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department and taught by 2 deputies. Kudos to the Sheriff and the Deputies for providing these classes.

The wife has owned a couple of pistols and has enjoyed some range time, but in the beginning, didn't feel the need to carry. Earlier this year she decided to get her LTCH and has purse carried a few times. Neither she nor I were comfortable with that option for her.

After taking these classes she feels like she should carry all the time and we are holster shopping. She and her friend are also now looking into self defense classes.

I just wanted to brag on her a little for stepping up, keeping an open mind, and taking her and our children's safety seriously.

Congratulations! Where was the class held?

You two have made a good start on your journey. Good luck with the next steps!

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Congratulations! Where was the class held?

You two have made a good start on your journey. Good luck with the next steps!

Class was held at the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department and the range located at the old landfill.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I know that sound very well. My wife was not committed in the beginning - and then some guy scared the crap out of her. She is fully committed now.

Top Bottom