• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Yesterday, my wife came home and, with a big smile, told me that she got a speeding ticket. I knew this couldn't be true, since I'm a LEO. She stated that she was not aware that the speed limit when merging from WB 465 to 865, the speed limit stays at 55 mph for approximately 1/2 mile. So I did what any LEO and good husband would do...I went straight to Google to see where I could pick up a money order so she can take it to the Boone County Courthouse to pay the fine.

+1 to my wife for not mentioning that I was LE to get out of a ticket. I've explained to her many times that I/we are not above the law, but more subject to it due to my profession.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    What does LEO stand for? I keep seeing the term but have bever heard it before joining this forum. I am new so please forgive my ignorance. Thanks

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Congrats and way to step up to the plate and bit the bullet. Was it state or Whitestown? Whitestown likes to spend a lot of their time out there.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Congrats and way to step up to the plate and bit the bullet. Was it state or Whitestown? Whitestown likes to spend a lot of their time out there.

I think it was state. I bet she learned her lesson and was not speeding in that area today:D. The ticket made it a lot easier to trade up for a new Kimber today, even though the deal was done before she got caught.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    A few strings pulled here?? In Reverse??

I think it was state. I bet she learned her lesson and was not speeding in that area today:D. The ticket made it a lot easier to trade up for a new Kimber today, even though the deal was done before she got caught.

Kind of looks like you "Brothers in Blue" got together to ticket your Wife for your Kimber "Upgrade" to go smoother???
    The Thin Blue Line--In Reverse?? HA HA...Bill.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Kind of looks like you "Brothers in Blue" got together to ticket your Wife for your Kimber "Upgrade" to go smoother???
    The Thin Blue Line--In Reverse?? HA HA...Bill.

She actually did mention that:):. I may have to arrange something along those lines for some accessories...

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    You should post this on Officer.com :):

Not a place I visit but I can imagine the prevailing attitude based on what I've heard from a few coworkers regarding their wives getting tickets and their efforts to get them tossed. The pissing and moaning gets very annoying when the other officer "disrespects" them by not dropping the ticket.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Not a place I visit but I can imagine the prevailing attitude based on what I've heard from a few coworkers regarding their wives getting tickets and their efforts to get them tossed. The pissing and moaning gets very annoying when the other officer "disrespects" them by not dropping the ticket.
    Give em hell. Tell em Rambone sends his regards. :cool:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Speaking of getting a ticket. Ever notice that if an Indiana State Police on a motorcycle pulls you over ... your butt is getting a ticket. I've had much experience in getting pulled over. So much that the last time I renewed my license, I had to take the written test; been to court, took the classes, counted my points... But about 3 years ago I finally figured how to never get another speeding ticket.... I slowed down. Works like a charm.

Top Bottom