• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yesterday, my wife came home and, with a big smile, told me that she got a speeding ticket. I knew this couldn't be true, since I'm a LEO. She stated that she was not aware that the speed limit when merging from WB 465 to 865, the speed limit stays at 55 mph for approximately 1/2 mile. So I did what any LEO and good husband would do...I went straight to Google to see where I could pick up a money order so she can take it to the Boone County Courthouse to pay the fine.

+1 to my wife for not mentioning that I was LE to get out of a ticket. I've explained to her many times that I/we are not above the law, but more subject to it due to my profession.
    :yesway: This is a refreshing post. Seems that the trend here lately has been people trying to find ways to get out of tickets by blaming the LEO's and claiming that they were forcing them to break the law.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Speaking of getting a ticket. Ever notice that if an Indiana State Police on a motorcycle pulls you over ... your butt is getting a ticket. I've had much experience in getting pulled over. So much that the last time I renewed my license, I had to take the written test; been to court, took the classes, counted my points... But about 3 years ago I finally figured how to never get another speeding ticket.... I slowed down. Works like a charm.
    no ticket ,just said slow down and that he really liked my Harley

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What a boring waste of time thread.
    OP shoud have stayed that the JBT pulled his wife out of the car for speeding, searched the car without asking, yelled at her (if she has an LTCH) for not informing him, tell her he could have shoot her and gone come safely that night and ensured the dash cam video/audio got posted on YouTube.

Next time Peace Officer give us the real facts. ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Personally I think you should wait to get the opportunity to pull over that trooper or his family... just sort of follow them around for awhile. :D

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Speaking of getting a ticket. Ever notice that if an Indiana State Police on a motorcycle pulls you over ... your butt is getting a ticket. I've had much experience in getting pulled over. So much that the last time I renewed my license, I had to take the written test; been to court, took the classes, counted my points... But about 3 years ago I finally figured how to never get another speeding ticket.... I slowed down. Works like a charm.

May not be current, however special vehicle Troops used to have to avg about 25 tickets a day if I remember correctly, or chance losing that special vehicle and project money (OT).

Backin the camaro days I think it was 12-15 a day.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Yet you still had to brag about it? (purple not working on my phone)

If you were talking to me, I never worked those units, I worked in the sticks, I always got "reminded" to write tickets not warnings.

I spent most my time chasing meth labs and drunk drivers.

Top Bottom