• Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a 460 rowland kit
    OMjRZXH.jpg

Interesting setup and pleasant to shoot, but the 28lb recoil spring is a bit stout and would be better suited to some more aggressive serrations than this has. I must have done a good job fitting the barrel with no experience, because it's unusually accurate. I did it with a sharpie and piece of sandpaper, lol.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have a 460 rowland kit
    OMjRZXH.jpg

Interesting setup and pleasant to shoot, but the 28lb recoil spring is a bit stout and would be better suited to some more aggressive serrations than this has. I must have done a good job fitting the barrel with no experience, because it's unusually accurate. I did it with a sharpie and piece of sandpaper, lol.

Keep kicking this around...

How much length does the compensator add?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No doubt.

I may give one of these a go.

Do you recall which conversion kit you used?

I used this exact kit, but I got it quite a number of years ago.

MuayThaiJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2022
    Danville
    I like weird 1911 based single shots and own a few.

The gun shown in your second post picture, and also in Magnum 314's post, is a Pachmayr Dominator. It's bolt action shellholder type of design. Mine is a 35 Remington.

Not pictured yet in this thread: Springfield 1911-A2. It's a break open design that has a release mechanism that passes through the mag well. Mine is a 44 Magnum.

Not pictured yet in this thread: Clerke Xtender. It's a grooved lifting breach design. Mine is a 223 Remington.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to post pictures in the new forum otherwise I would.

What is the gun in your first post picture? I'm not familiar with it, but can see that it is made by Pachmayr and is a semi-auto. Looks like it would be accurate and fun to shoot!
    Do you still have those conversions?

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I like weird 1911 based single shots and own a few.

The gun shown in your second post picture, and also in Magnum 314's post, is a Pachmayr Dominator. It's bolt action shellholder type of design. Mine is a 35 Remington.

Not pictured yet in this thread: Springfield 1911-A2. It's a break open design that has a release mechanism that passes through the mag well. Mine is a 44 Magnum.

Not pictured yet in this thread: Clerke Xtender. It's a grooved lifting breach design. Mine is a 223 Remington.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to post pictures in the new forum otherwise I would.

What is the gun in your first post picture? I'm not familiar with it, but can see that it is made by Pachmayr and is a semi-auto. Looks like it would be accurate and fun to shoot!
    Don't know, just saw it online and was lusting over it. Thought maybe someone on here would have one they could part with.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was just thinking about the Long slide 1911 version the other day.

Somewhere around here I have a holster for a long slide .45. They used to be a standard catalog item in the Colt product line. Bigger stores would stock one. Some of the other brands had long slide versions. Seems I remember AMT making a 6"

I have not seen one in years.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I was just thinking about the Long slide 1911 version the other day.

Somewhere around here I have a holster for a long slide .45. They used to be a standard catalog item in the Colt product line. Bigger stores would stock one. Some of the other brands had long slide versions. Seems I remember AMT making a 6"

I have not seen one in years.
    AMT made a 7".
    I had one, but the frame was junk, the slide was OK though, so I sent it to Tussey custom and had it mated to a Colt Govt. I had sitting around. Pretty cool piece, I can switch between the 5" and 7" top ends.

Reactions: Leo

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This abomination...

glock1911.jpg

They took John Browning's classic .45 cavalry pistol and turned it into a double stack Europellet contraption.

It's like if Glock made a 1911.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    This abomination...

View attachment 263988

They took John Browning's classic .45 cavalry pistol and turned it into a double stack Europellet contraption.

It's like if Glock made a 1911.
    So are you saying that even these are an abomination? Both are a derivative of JMB design. Besides, a Staccato is a 2011 not a 1911. IMHO, JMB would probably would feel honored that so many other guns came from his design. IMG_0040.JPG

Top Bottom