• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Zexrain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2023
    FORT WAYNE.
    Take it from a guy that's been here for 3 days and have been online for little over 24 years of his life. This is one of the most harsh fourms I have been on. They don't enjoy seeing new people get to their quality posts with-in a few days. They rather see someone pay 20 dollars use the Classifieds, and not use any of the other fourms. Trust me after getting melted by 20 posts. I got the point. They all think I'm not Here to stay. Yes I posted in Classifieds, I have a gun to sell money is tight can't buy a .350 legend without selling it. I don't plan and just selling and leaving I'm not here to use and leave. Just try to find topics you can relate to give them your peace of mind. Before long your have 50 posts..

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I'm past the 50, But I do enjoy the social part of this site. Meeting like-minded or a new perspective personality's is always the road to growth. Also with work being so slow right now. I haven't really been looking at the classifieds. Anyway. Its not hard to be social online.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    and not use any of the other fourms.
    Don't know how that's true or how you came up with that idea?

Trust me after getting melted by 20 posts. I got the point. They all think I'm not Here to stay. Yes I posted in Classifieds, I have a gun to sell money is tight can't buy a .350 legend without selling it. I don't plan and just selling and leaving I'm not here to use and leave.
    That's what they all say. Not that it matters if someone makes a quick buck once, but I think TPTB have to weed out the ones coming here thinking they can make money buying/selling all the time for free. So they make a few rules, and then have to apply them to all, even though they wouldn't have to but they don't know who. And then the membership has a tendency to make sport of the newbs, right or wrong.

Just try to find topics you can relate to give them your peace of mind. Before long your have 50 posts..
    I saw knowledge and experience in even your one liners or shorter posts. Someone just complaining you can't tell about though.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Take it from a guy that's been here for 3 days and have been online for little over 24 years of his life.
    Seems much longer...
    This is one of the most harsh fourms I have been on.
    Seriously? This is the kinder, gentler part of the Internet.
    They don't enjoy seeing new people get to their quality posts with-in a few days. They rather see someone pay 20 dollars use the Classifieds, and not use any of the other fourms.
    Who exactly are "they"? Is it me? Well, speaking for "they", your statement is incorrect. "They" would much rather have members active in discussions. This helps with the vetting process important to many who buy, sell, and trade in the classifieds. Site Supporter? Sure we encourage it. It helps pay the bills for what is an incredibly important communications platform. Stick around and you'll see why I say that.
    Trust me after getting melted by 20 posts. I got the point.
    20? I think I dropped 20 of your one-liners, and there are 5 of "they" here.

They all think I'm not Here to stay.
    "They" really haven't thought about it. Got cats to herd and threads to keep between the ditches. Also got reports to handle and classifieds to review.

Yes I posted in Classifieds, I have a gun to sell money is tight can't buy a .350 legend without selling it. I don't plan and just selling and leaving I'm not here to use and leave.
    That's cool by me, AKA "they".
    Just try to find topics you can relate to give them your peace of mind. Before long your have 50 posts..
    I'm done being harsh now. Time to give the classifieds a look since that's a big part of what "they" do.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Seems much longer...

Seriously? This is the kinder, gentler part of the Internet.

Who exactly are "they"? Is it me? Well, speaking for "they", your statement is incorrect. "They" would much rather have members active in discussions. This helps with the vetting process important to many who buy, sell, and trade in the classifieds. Site Supporter? Sure we encourage it. It helps pay the bills for what is an incredibly important communications platform. Stick around and you'll see why I say that.

20? I think I dropped 20 of your one-liners, and there are 5 of "they" here.

"They" really haven't thought about it. Got cats to herd and threads to keep between the ditches. Also got reports to handle and classifieds to review.

That's cool by me, AKA "they".

I'm done being harsh now. Time to give the classifieds a look since that's a big part of what "they" do.
    I think you’re done here. Take a nap or something.

Back on topic sorta… I’ve turned new people away from my sales because they have no history, are newer and only paid the site supporter fee. This isn’t GB and I want an idea of who I’m dealing with. I’d much rather have someone that is actively participating in the forum than someone throwing money at it and ignoring the purpose of why this thing exists.

There are others like me that only deal with more established members and do not deal with the flash in the pan classified only people. You wanna run your business online hood for you. It’s not for me.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well I just crossed the border and haven't got use to things on the other side yet.
    It's not always about the transaction.
    Most of the time it's about commraderie.
    There are several that have come here with an agenda, like you seem to have.
    I could be wrong. It's not like it's never happened before.
    My point is this.
    You can stomp your way through 50 "quality" posts, or even pony up the unaffordable amount of $20 to become a site sponsor.
    Either will gain you access to the classified section.

What neither WILL do is force anyone to deal with you.

Do not take this personally.
    This community wants to know who we are dealing with. That's what sets us apart from GunBroker or Armslist.
    We know each other, at least oine, and a lot of folks here know each other in real life.

The game belongs to the administrators, and they set the rules.
    We, as a forum, police our own so the moderators don't get overwhelmed.

As I said, we are a community.
    Join us, and contribute, or move along.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think you’re done here. Take a nap or something.

Back on topic sorta… I’ve turned new people away from my sales because they have no history, are newer and only paid the site supporter fee. This isn’t GB and I want an idea of who I’m dealing with. I’d much rather have someone that is actively participating in the forum than someone throwing money at it and ignoring the purpose of why this thing exists.

There are others like me that only deal with more established members and do not deal with the flash in the pan classified only people. You wanna run your business online hood for you. It’s not for me.
    Beat me to the punch. :boxing:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Take it from a guy that's been here for 3 days and have been online for little over 24 years of his life. This is one of the most harsh fourms I have been on. They don't enjoy seeing new people get to their quality posts with-in a few days. They rather see someone pay 20 dollars use the Classifieds, and not use any of the other fourms. Trust me after getting melted by 20 posts. I got the point. They all think I'm not Here to stay. Yes I posted in Classifieds, I have a gun to sell money is tight can't buy a .350 legend without selling it. I don't plan and just selling and leaving I'm not here to use and leave. Just try to find topics you can relate to give them your peace of mind. Before long your have 50 posts..

Negative Ghost rider. There is only one person here that sees a dime of your $20. And that is the site owner. The rest of us are volunteers. Mods just want quality posts. I prefer quality posts over just site supporter so I get to know who you are as a person. That way if I ever DO end up considering entering into a deal with you, I know who I'm dealing with.

As I said before, this is a community first, and the classifieds are a perk for participating members. I dont really care for those that just pay their $20 and exist in the classifieds. But I dont make the rules. I just enforce them. I do think active members should all pony up for membership personally. Places like this cost money to run. And unless you want obtrusive ads that drive you nuts like Youtube, et al, its a good idea to keep the owner's wallet full so he doesnt have to resort to obnoxious methods of generating money off freeloaders.

This site is a family. Lots of close bonds formed. People honestly care for one another and look out for each other and their families. We lost two QUALITY members here that were also mods in the last couple years. The turnout for them was incredible. I lost track of how many thousands of dollars folks raised for their families. It was stunning. You dont have people dropping hundreds of dollars in one hit when some rando on Gunbroker dies.

/rant

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Oh much to the contrary.
    We ADORE new people.
    They're so much fun...

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Negative Ghost rider. There is only one person here that sees a dime of your $20. And that is the site owner. The rest of us are volunteers. Mods just want quality posts. I prefer quality posts over just site supporter so I get to know who you are as a person. That way if I ever DO end up considering entering into a deal with you, I know who I'm dealing with.

As I said before, this is a community first, and the classifieds are a perk for participating members. I dont really care for those that just pay their $20 and exist in the classifieds. But I dont make the rules. I just enforce them. I do think active members should all pony up for membership personally. Places like this cost money to run. And unless you want obtrusive ads that drive you nuts like Youtube, et al, its a good idea to keep the owner's wallet full so he doesnt have to resort to obnoxious methods of generating money off freeloaders.

This site is a family. Lots of close bonds formed. People honestly care for one another and look out for each other and their families. We lost two QUALITY members here that were also mods in the last couple years. The turnout for them was incredible. I lost track of how many thousands of dollars folks raised for their families. It was stunning. You dont have people dropping hundreds of dollars in one hit when some rando on Gunbroker dies.

/rant
    The losses we have had in the last year probably has made some of us a little more closed off than we should be. But it hurts to lose people we care about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom