• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Did you look again and see the debris? If so, you don't mention it.

In the context of this thread, shouldn't the three women have been walking single file so as to impede traffic as little as possible since they are slower moving? Is it OK to suggest they were somehow at fault or partially responsible because they didn't pull over to let faster traffic by?

Hyperbole, I know, but honestly that's what reading a lot of this thread feels like

I'm not sitting through a 30 second ad to watch the crash. That said: from what I saw if they are walking 3 abreast and taking up more than 1/2 the trail as oncoming 'traffic' approaches, then yeah. If bicycle dude crossed the middle, it's on him. If they are on his side of the middle, it's on them.

I was on the trail today and Mrs. Boomer stopped in the middle of the trail to try and calm her untrained unsocialized dog. I went off trail to avoid her, but she should have been the one to step off trail since she was stationary. If I had been on a bike it would have been tough to avoid her where she was stopped. That'd have been on her.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Who's headed for jail? :dunno:

Sounds a lot like you think the driver had it coming.

If Houston has laws against blocking traffic, all of them in that mob of bikes should be arrested and charged. It's no different from a mob of protestors. Citizens can't prohibit other citizens from being where they have a right to be.
    I think when that driver decided to take on that mob single-handedly, he wrote a check that his *** wouldn't be able to cash. He's lucky that was his windshield and not his head

Also, I'm pretty sure Houston also has laws against driving left of center and trying to take the law into your own hands. Do two wrongs make a right when someone you approve of does it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think when that driver decided to take on that mob single-handedly, he wrote a check that his *** wouldn't be able to cash. He's lucky that was his windshield and not his head

Also, I'm pretty sure Houston also has laws against driving left of center and trying to take the law into your own hands. Do two wrongs make a right when someone you approve of does it?
    The driver could get cited for driving left of center I suppose but when it’s in the middle of a mob does it really matter? Give the driver and all those riding left of center too a ticket.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think I have the answer to the thread.

BugIO2, INGOMike, and Jamil are all self admitted cyclists.

I thank you!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I think I have the answer to the thread.

BugIO2, INGOMike, and Jamil are all self admitted cyclists.

I thank you!
    Bless me father for I have sinned. I’m a cyclist too.

No motorist were harmed or delayed in this photo. Since this is a gun forum one or more of those pockets may contain a weapon.

37C7F312-B9B1-4422-8886-E44CAD5E0F46.jpeg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Riding 2 abreast is legal in Indiana and many other states.

If three or more cars are behind the cyclists are to give way as soon a practicable. This means as soon the cyclists find a safe point to let you by. They have no obligation to get out of your way.

Are you insinuating you are passing when it is not safe to do so and will hit cyclists if you need to? That would be criminal.
    I rode bike for 15+ years...and logged over 32,000 miles in that time frame! I even rode RAIN a few times and loved it!

The problem is, the roadways belong to everyone...and everyone should show due respect for others while using public roadways!

Showing due respect for others who're utilizing public roadways requires NOT being egocentric in the first place, while using public roadways. Being mature enough to be able to show due respect, IS!

I switched to mountain biking (off-road / trails) due to the variance of the cardiovascular conditioning and other challenges, but also to avoid the risks of the ever increasing immaturity and disrespect being show by operators of motor vehicles... especially those with drivers whose heads were down while looking at their stupid cell phones while operating said motor vehicle. (I even sold my motorcycle this past year as I no longer felt safe on it for the above previously mentioned issues!)

The more the maturity level in society digresses, and the resulting amount of egocentrism goes up, the more I have to watch out for, defend against, and protect myself from those who have a disregard for safety first (personally and while operating a motor vehicle) while on the road, be it on a bicycle, in a car/truck, or while operating a commercial motor vehicle (aka, an 18-wheeler!)

If you really wanna see 'stupid' in society, I invite you to come ride with me for a day and you'll see at least one life-threatening incident (reckless and stupid driving) per day and, some days, a few, buy people who are very self-centered, distracted, reckless, or who're just a plain 'idiot' while driving!

The best way to describe some of these people is 'they probably shouldn't be out in public, unsupervised to begin with!'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Edit: jamil is not capitalized
    Correct. Not capitalized. Thank you.

BTW, I haven't thought about the impending EMP attack. I guess I'll have to start storing my bike in a Faraday cage just in case. Or roll the dice with knee surgery.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If you really wanna see 'stupid' in society, I invite you to come ride with me for a day and you'll see at least one life-threatening incident (reckless and stupid driving) per day and, some days, a few, buy people who are very self-centered, distracted, reckless, or who're just a plain 'idiot' while driving!
    You don't need to be on a bike to experience that. Try commuting into and out of Chicago on a daily basis. People generally suck. The more you get together in an area, the more they suck.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I rode bike for 15+ years...and logged over 32,000 miles in that time frame! I even rode RAIN a few times and loved it!

The problem is, the roadways belong to everyone...and everyone should show due respect for others while using public roadways!

Showing due respect for others who're utilizing public roadways requires NOT being egocentric in the first place, while using public roadways. Being mature enough to be able to show due respect, IS!

I switched to mountain biking (off-road / trails) due to the variance of the cardiovascular conditioning and other challenges, but also to avoid the risks of the ever increasing immaturity and disrespect being show by operators of motor vehicles... especially those with drivers whose heads were down while looking at their stupid cell phones while operating said motor vehicle. (I even sold my motorcycle this past year as I no longer felt safe on it for the above previously mentioned issues!)

The more the maturity level in society digresses, and the resulting amount of egocentrism goes up, the more I have to watch out for, defend against, and protect myself from those who have a disregard for safety first (personally and while operating a motor vehicle) while on the road, be it on a bicycle, in a car/truck, or while operating a commercial motor vehicle (aka, an 18-wheeler!)

The best way to describe some of these people is 'they probably shouldn't be out in public, unsupervised to begin with!'
    I don’t disagree with any of this. Have very similar experience including RAIN and usually a 24 hour race once or so a year. Organized centuries and the like were fun easy days. I too have left the road, because of the number of close calls it just did not seem worth it anymore.

Top Bottom