• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I have to disagree with you man. Like anything, you will have millions of views on the subject. Myself personally, I have my LTCH and never carry. I don't see the point of OC or the need to carry when you need to drop off a DVD at redbox. I have my LTCH just to cover any issue with transporting to and from the range. Who knows, my view may change in six months...

That being said, it is your right to OC/CC in Indiana, so god bless ya if you want to. The specifics of gun ownership will always be debated. We (most people reading this forum) exercise our right to bear arms. We are a diverse bunch but when you boil it all down, we all believe in the same fundamentals.

The anti's are united. It doesn't take the smartest person to package up an entire subject or debate and just say, "NO!"
    The way our country is going you may find yourself up the creek without a paddle when you step out your front door. I carry everywhere nobody else may know it... but I know I'm prepared to protect my family.

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    First they came for the machine guns, and I did not speak out because I do not own a machine gun.

Then they came for the "assault weapons," and I did not speak out because I do not own an "assault weapon."

Then they came for the "high capacity magazines," and I did not speak out because I do not own any "high capacity magazines."

Then they came for the handguns, and I did not speak out because I do not own a handgun.

Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me.

See, THIS is what I see, it's creeping incremental-ism, all the talk of "reasonable" gun control measures, and we just blindly go along with it.

When my Dad go his first shotgun he and my Grandpa went into the local hardware store, picked one out, paid cash, and walked out with it. When I got my first shotgun my Dad and I had to find a local FFL, my Dad had to fill out paperwork, then we got the shotgun, disassembled, in a box, with a cable lock on it, had to take the gun to the car, then come back in to buy shells because in CT you can't purchase ammo and a gun at the same time.

When I bought my first AR I couldn't buy one with collapsible stock, or a bayonet lug....without paying a huge premium, my first "High-Cap" handgun...the mags cost $100 a pop. What the hell is it going to be like in 10 years when my sons want to buy their first handgun? Hell, what's it going to be like in 6 years when my oldest wants to buy her first???

I'm sorry, but if past performance is any indicator of future performance (and it normally is) we'll just stand by and let them take more and more rights from us all while saying, "It could have been worse" or "Well at least they aren't trying to take away my X gun, they only want to control the Y guns, and really, nobody NEEDS one of them!"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lighten up you say, that is where it starts whether you want to believe it or not.

Like I said before, we are one Justice away from everything being overturned. One of our so called ¨own¨ just validated Obamacare. What happens if 5 Justices say you do not have a right to carry a handgun?

This is why I took a stab at the robed ones earlier. They are no longer the monitors of justice for the people.

You are so very close to the real deal here. Just saying...Back to cleaning and hugging my guns.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    You seem to be overlooking ...

... the 3-%-ers who will never yield, either in the courts or in the street. And wasn't that also the percentage of True Men who began and won the Revolution? We*need those men today, and THOSE MEN ARE HERE, and ready. I have more faith in them than in any educational or political system. $ØØ.Ø2 from my side.
    It's very simple, we as gun owners, are incapable of standing together. Look at the OC/CC debates, the NRA/No NRA debates, then add in the, "just don't mess with my hunting shotgun and I don't care what you do with those evil black guns since nobody really NEEDS one" crowd.

We are so divided, and the anti's are united, we don't stand a chance. "A house divided against itself can not stand" -Abe Lincoln

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    I view that as dangerous. But, if you don't want to carry, don't.

But... here's your problem.

His opinion on why he has a LTCH is a problem because it does not agree with your reasons?

You are thinking about it rationally.

I think he is thinking about it rationally as well. You don't agree with him. And the opposite of rational is?

I carry a gun always. Take out the trash, get the mail, take a poop, always.I will never be caught off guard, and have to run to get a gun. It'll be right there. But, that's me.

If I knew when I was going to be attacked, I wouldn't leave the house that day. It only makes sense to carry always, and be ready.

Do you wear a seatbelt? Or, do you do a risk assessment, and wear it only when there is a risk of being in a collision?

Just my :twocents:.
    So after telling him it is fine not to carry all the time, you then go down a list of why he should carry all the time. Which is it, fine or not?

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    Even though we have made gains in 2A rights over the last several years. We continue to give up more and more of our other freedoms everyday.
    All it takes is the right set of circumstances and the gains we have made in gun rights could go away overnight.
    Even within the gun rights community there are people that only support certain types of gun ownership. We even have people in our own community here that have decided that we shouldn't OC because they think it makes gun owners look bad.
    I personally don't believe in any gun restrictions for law abiding citizens.
    Unfortunately the people that think like me seem to be in the minority.
    It seems like most people only care about their rights when it directly effects what they do.
    Look at what has happened in other countries like England, Australia, etc.
    Each gun group had their own agenda and didn't support the other groups. Now all the groups have lost their rights.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    It's very simple, we as gun owners, are incapable of standing together. Look at the OC/CC debates, the NRA/No NRA debates, then add in the, "just don't mess with my hunting shotgun and I don't care what you do with those evil black guns since nobody really NEEDS one" crowd.

We are so divided, and the anti's are united, we don't stand a chance. "A house divided against itself can not stand" -Abe Lincoln
    Isn't this just a little like, THEY came for so and so, and I didn't say anything, and then THEY came for so and so, and it wasn't me, so I didn't say anything, and then THEY came for ME, and there was NOBODY left, to say ANYTHING !!!!!

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    So after telling him it is fine not to carry all the time, you then go down a list of why he should carry all the time. Which is it, fine or not?

Clarify what you mean. You're not making any sense.

I never said it was fine not to carry all the time. I said if he didn't want to carry, he doesn't have to, I can't make him.

You seem awfully condescending for someone whose condescension I cannot interpret.

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    I view that as dangerous. But, if you don't want to carry, don't.

But... here's your problem. You are thinking about it rationally. I carry a gun always. Take out the trash, get the mail, take a poop, always.I will never be caught off guard, and have to run to get a gun. It'll be right there. But, that's me.

If I knew when I was going to be attacked, I wouldn't leave the house that day. It only makes sense to carry always, and be ready.

Do you wear a seatbelt? Or, do you do a risk assessment, and wear it only when there is a risk of being in a collision?

Just my :twocents:.

Like I said, to each his own. I have been very blessed in my life and have desirable possessions. I have weapons available quickly in my house. My thoughts are if someone breaks into my house, they are aggressive and I will protect myself.

However, if someone feels the need to steal my car, take it. I am not dieing or killing someone who tries to take it. Don't judge me yet! The fact of the matter on why I would just hop out and let them take it is because I don't have much faith in the judicial system(whole nother story). I was raised to respect every bullet and understand that one decision can have a million ramifications. Using a weapon is the last option for me. If someone was treating the life of myself or my family, I absolutely would use one of my weapons.

I am by no means a pacifist but I am certainly not an aggressor. I am near the middle (don't agree with extremists on both sides), but I am not indecisive.

I do belong to the NRA and I will fight for your right to have your class 3, assault rifles and ammunition of every flavor. We agree on gun control(laws), but we are not the same on how we personally control our firearms.

Also, Happy 4th!:patriot:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Like I said, to each his own. I have been very blessed in my life and have desirable possessions. I have weapons available quickly in my house. My thoughts are if someone breaks into my house, they are aggressive and I will protect myself.

However, if someone feels the need to steal my car, take it. I am not dieing or killing someone who tries to take it. Don't judge me yet! The fact of the matter on why I would just hop out and let them take it is because I don't have much faith in the judicial system(whole nother story). I was raised to respect every bullet and understand that one decision can have a million ramifications. Using a weapon is the last option for me. If someone was treating the life of myself or my family, I absolutely would use one of my weapons.

I am by no means a pacifist but I am certainly not an aggressor. I am near the middle (don't agree with extremists on both sides), but I am not indecisive.

I do belong to the NRA and I will fight for your right to have your class 3, assault rifles and ammunition of every flavor. We agree on gun control(laws), but we are not the same on how we personally control our firearms.

Also, Happy 4th!:patriot:

Thank you. You must not have read https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/222456-independence_day.html.

Anyway, I appreciate your support, and respect your decisions.

Happy Independence Day.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    So....how many people in this thread....depressed or not....are going to cast a vote for a proven gun banner in November?

This is the reason we lose rights.

If you don't stand on principle, at some point down the road, you won't be able to stand at all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have to disagree with you man. Like anything, you will have millions of views on the subject. Myself personally, I have my LTCH and never carry. I don't see the point of OC or the need to carry when you need to drop off a DVD at redbox. I have my LTCH just to cover any issue with transporting to and from the range. Who knows, my view may change in six months...

That being said, it is your right to OC/CC in Indiana, so god bless ya if you want to. The specifics of gun ownership will always be debated. We (most people reading this forum) exercise our right to bear arms. We are a diverse bunch but when you boil it all down, we all believe in the same fundamentals.

The anti's are united. It doesn't take the smartest person to package up an entire subject or debate and just say, "NO!"

It is your decision when to and not to carry.
    I never advertise or "OC" but I am always armed. My children and their significant others are always armed. My grand-daughter will be going to the range with me very soon and she is 5 yrs. old. I do not know where you live or the conditions in your area. One never knows when the need will arise. I would just as soon never ever have to again point my gun at someone in anger or defense. I have left my pistol at home one time in recent memory and made my first stop, yes, home to get it.
    This is an ever changing world. Morals, honer and humanity appear to be on the decline. There is not one day that my Spidey sense does not tingle but that is just me. I hope you never have an issue arise where you regret not being armed. Stay safe.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I personally wouldn't have any trouble switching someone off for even attempting to steal my car, my guitar, one of my screwdrivers, my trash, the weeds out of my garden, whatever. The only thing that restrains me is my respect for the rule of law, which requires me to be in reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury before exercising that option. Sometimes it sucks to be civilized.

Top Bottom