• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Might want to add the political cycle to that list. After the election we may be limited to 2 round magazines in our semi auto assault weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have to install bird plugs in our sporting only 870's by federal law. Once we are down to 2 rounds the over/under will be king again!

Well at least then I can justify that coach gun that I think looks cool.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You'll need a good hat to go with it.

I actually have one already! That and a pair of boots made from tanned deer leather. Hey I was in college in the early 90s when stuff like that was cool. Now it's ball caps and redwings for this guy.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I really like 870's. I shot my first deer with one, I shoot clays with one. AR's are just so handy and quick. I like the multiple wound channels buck shot gives, but if you are good with an AR, you can flat tear **** up out to a couple hundred yards.

For one shot at close range, the 12 gauge is mighty hard to beat. As Cedartop pointed out, we are generally not restricted to one shot.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I got my cool hat, cowboy boots and spurs from the Cav store at Ft Knox after the first showing of the Outlaw Josie Wales....caching, caching, caching walking down the sidewalk. I still have the hat and spurs.

Of course, when I mounted up it was on a tank.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I just have to ask this hypothetical question: You are facing three armed criminals, 15 feet from you, intent on doing you harm. One is armed with a pistol, another an AR-15 and the third a shotgun. Which is the biggest threat?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I just have to ask this hypothetical question: You are facing three armed criminals, 15 feet from you, intent on doing you harm. One is armed with a pistol, another an AR-15 and the third a shotgun. Which is the biggest threat?

The one that is the best shot and has the mindset to kill you.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

In that hypothetical the weapons they are armed with is almost irrelevant. There are too many other variables. What ready position are their guns in? Did one of them make eye contact? Can I move in such a way to stack them? On and on.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    No one needs an AR.
    Not everyone can handle a shotgun. The small framed, the elderly, or in my case I'm a 6 foot, +250 lb guy. I normally keep my shotgun at the ready, but due to an arm injury cannot manipulate it as well as my AR. Which with the right ammo is much better than any handgun and less penetration in housing materials. The lighter weight and less manipulation makes it a better home defense weapon than any of my handguns and my shotty until my arm heals.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

Me, I am the biggest threat. I am the shark in the pool and I will eat them all for lunch. What do I win?

Top Bottom