• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    So, can some of you CZ fans out there tell me, what do you like so much about your CZ and which model best represents the brand? If I were to buy a CZ, which model would convince me to buy more?

Thanks,

Kick :ingo:

I love the fact that they feel like a solid heavy gun in your hand. I have large hands and am a large person and cannot stand compacts at all. I like a fullsize steel gun and do well with them.

As for which one to buy, it's a complete addiction. I started with a Phantom, but then picked up a SP-01 Shadow and got rid of the Phantom due to being a polymer gun. Then I got the 75BD for a carry piece.

There are also compacts to pick from in both polymer and steel, with decockers or safeties. Rails, no rails, and then you can get trigger jobs on them and change how they function.

I am heading to MCFG this friday morning if anybody wants to meet up and shoot.

Jpfledderer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Westside
    I found a 75b today in a gun shop after work. It's amazing what a simple phone call can find in this world. Guy described it, got there, he had some paperwork filled out because on the phone he said I would buy it once I saw it. Traded a Savage .17 and some dollars for it. Awesome gun, took it to my buddy's and shot it along with my SP-01 Shadow and my 75bd. Man, they are deadly accurate. It feels awesome picking up a well built, along with quality craftsmanship, in a handgun. I will post a few pics tomorrow on what I've accomplished tonight, and maybe a few of my others. Special thanks again to my great neighbor/friend for turning me onto these awesome weapons.

3DPointCloud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    SW IN
    I have one of the limited production CZ40P's and I absolutely love this firearm from the first time I held it. It's very ergo friendly for my hand and well balanced IMO. There's a story behind the mating of the frame and slide and a deal gone sour by COLT so CZ produced about 1500 of these guns to eliminate the inventory. Has a plastic guide rod and a plastic bushing around the spring which produces some unwanted plastic chips. I've sent about 400 rounds down range with this gun along with competing in a few IDPA matches and have had only one round jam up during one of my courses of fire. Just recently had a custome leather holster made by Mernickle (made a nice holster btw) and found the Fobus RU97 to mate perfectly with the gun too. Fine weapon!

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    DSC_0011-1.jpg

My humble submission.

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I found a 75b today in a gun shop after work. It's amazing what a simple phone call can find in this world. Guy described it, got there, he had some paperwork filled out because on the phone he said I would buy it once I saw it. Traded a Savage .17 and some dollars for it. Awesome gun, took it to my buddy's and shot it along with my SP-01 Shadow and my 75bd. Man, they are deadly accurate. It feels awesome picking up a well built, along with quality craftsmanship, in a handgun. I will post a few pics tomorrow on what I've accomplished tonight, and maybe a few of my others. Special thanks again to my great neighbor/friend for turning me onto these awesome weapons.

He's selling it short in his description. It's a a freaking polished stainless 75B.:rockwoot:

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    OK. I've always considered myself a "gun guy". Maintaining and repairing guns is actually part of my job. I can diagnose, repair, properly maintain, modify, or customize, just about anything on a Glock, 1911, Beretta, AR-15, and many others.

I also considered myself very familiar with many different types of firearms. But, I have to admit. I've never even heard of the CZ brand before I became a member here. I'm also embarrassed to admit, I've never given one a good look in person, and I've never even held one let along shot one.

Reading a lot of posts on here is getting me interested in getting to know more about their line of firearms.

So, can some of you CZ fans out there tell me, what do you like so much about your CZ and which model best represents the brand? If I were to buy a CZ, which model would convince me to buy more?

Thanks,

Kick :ingo:

They are mostly a Czech, Browning knock off from the 70's They are probably the most accurate pistol you will ever shoot out of the box. When I got my "Pre B" 75 and my P07 they were somewhat plentiful. Now they are not too available. Not too many people part with them.
    Parts are hard to come by since they are shipped in from Europe.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    They are mostly a Czech, Browning knock off from the 70's They are probably the most accurate pistol you will ever shoot out of the box. When I got my "Pre B" 75 and my P07 they were somewhat plentiful. Now they are not too available. Not too many people part with them.
    Parts are hard to come by since they are shipped in from Europe.

The CZs are not really a knock of of a High Power. They have similarities, but the fire control group is completely different. The thing that makes most people think they are a knock off is the same style stepped grip, but the two guns are very different in significant ways. They are no more a knock off of a High Power than a High Power is a knock off of a 1911.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The CZs are not really a knock of of a High Power. They have similarities, but the fire control group is completely different. The thing that makes most people think they are a knock off is the same style stepped grip, but the two guns are very different in significant ways. They are no more a knock off of a High Power than a High Power is a knock off of a 1911.

Yep. They may look somewhat similar, but are quite different.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AaT3QGVqFU[/ame]

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

+1

Both are fine pistols, but one is not a copy if the other by a far stretch.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    OK thats it! Im getting another 75B to go with my P-01.

I just cant take looking at these beautiful pistols and wondering why I ever got rid of it.

jrwca

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    The overall feel and how it shoots.

I was originally looking for a Browning Hi-Power. I always liked the way they felt and they're just a nice gun. Then I started researching a variety of guns and I liked what CZ was doing. The internal slide was interesting to me. Then I picked one up. It just felt right in my hand and I ordered one. It feels much better to shoot and is pretty accurate. It blew away the Browning Hi-Power I thought I wanted. I think a large part of it is just the ergonomics.

Try one out. I would be surprised if you have anything negative to say.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    The overall feel and how it shoots.

I was originally looking for a Browning Hi-Power. I always liked the way they felt and they're just a nice gun. Then I started researching a variety of guns and I liked what CZ was doing. The internal slide was interesting to me. Then I picked one up. It just felt right in my hand and I ordered one. It feels much better to shoot and is pretty accurate. It blew away the Browning Hi-Power I thought I wanted. I think a large part of it is just the ergonomics.

Try one out. I would be surprised if you have anything negative to say.

Thanks for this information/feedback. My father had a 1970s Hi Power that he sold when I was in college (I so wish he would have kept that!) Anyhow, I've been thinking about getting a Hi Power as I have fond memories of how it shot/felt and I've never really considered CZ. But after reading through this thread it would appear I really need to at least try one out.

Top Bottom