• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    I have a 28 ga weatherby semi-auto that is one slick 5 pound killing tool. I use 1oz #5 high brass loads and crush South Dakota pheasants.
    I also have an old, like 90+ year old single shot that I carry sometime for squirrels when the leaves are still green.

scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    Just want to add if you order shells on line by the case the price is reasonable. If you search the selves for the hit or miss selection that are sometimes stocked, prices can be rough. Of course loading your own in the most economical route.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Why a 28 gauge shotgun ? I hunted with a 16ga remington pump almost all my life chasing rabbits.I even hunted them with 410 , and I can see that , but out of the blue came this 28ga , why ? Is it better for quail/grouse ? I can imagine what the cost of shells are going to be , and how much shot could be in that little thing , just seems dumb to make them. I havent even seen 28ga shells for sale.Am I missing something ? Just wondering.
    I chose the 28ga platform because, at the time, I had no idea that there was a 32ga shotgun. If I could go back, I would go 32ga. I still like my 28ga very much.

Top Bottom