• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Romney will win. Just to appease the right wingers such as ourselves so that we do not try to over throw the government because of how bad things are going to get. They cannot let O win because he wants to disarm everyone and the status quo is not quite there yet. They need to go with O lite and continue to milk the sheep.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I just see the mass of people never actually opening their eyes.

If that's true, why waste time deciding how to cast your vote (which will never make a difference)?

The only logical choices would then be to wake them up and get them to open their eyes or accept our ultimate demise.

I know which route I'm taking.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just attempting to emote some thought and generate some good debate.

We're still 6 months out from the general election and the "you have to vote Republican" is already ramping up. I can only imagine how ridiculous it's going to get in October. I already know there will be the "We have to vote Lugar so that so and so in the democrat party doesn't become the majority leader" chants.

Conservatives rant against the entitlement class ad nauseum. I'm not sure there is anyone out there who feels more entitled than a republican candidate. They offer nothing to the small l libertarians out there yet they and their followers demand I vote for them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not sure I agree with you here. The chances of people waking up are slim. I wish it were so, but I think there are too many people with their heads shoved too far up their own rears to admit they made a poor vote. Every day there are more and more uneducated people turning 18 that will vote for whoever someone tells them too, and those same people are too arrogant to ever see that they were wrong. I know too many people that STILL believe barry is the best president we have ever had. I just see the mass of people never actually opening their eyes.

You come off a damn site older than your 23 yrs. Do your best to convince the youngsters around you they have made a mistake. It will be tough, they will mock you. Sheeple do that...............:sheep:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    4 years ago, Obama didn't really have a political record to be attacked, while McCain did. Now Obama has a political record as Prez.

4 years ago, Obama got the cool factor vote, while McCain was just an old, crippled guy. Cool factor votes worked for Kennedy and Clinton as well. Romney looks like a tv new anchor....or superhero Reed Richards because of the hair.

Personally, I think things have evened up a bit.

Am I happy about it? No. Will I vote for Romney? No. I'd rather have another 4 years of Obama to really screw things up, before I have another fair weather "conservative friend of the gun owner" in the White House.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    4 years ago, Obama didn't really have a political record to be attacked, while McCain did. Now Obama has a political record as Prez.

4 years ago, Obama got the cool factor vote, while McCain was just an old, crippled guy. Cool factor votes worked for Kennedy and Clinton as well. Romney looks like a tv new anchor....or superhero Reed Richards because of the hair.

Personally, I think things have evened up a bit.

Am I happy about it? No. Will I vote for Romney? No. I'd rather have another 4 years of Obama to really screw things up, before I have another fair weather "conservative friend of the gun owner" in the White House.

Man that is just wrong....you are entitled to your opinion but in my humble opinion that is the reason we are sliding down the spill way. Not just you alone so be easy. Too many are trying to make a useless point by avoiding this. Please reconsider. Change will take time unless we storm the ramparts.

Thanks for the link. It came to me after I posted. At 62 yrs. the hard drive does not spin up as it used to................;)

1943Izzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Liberty
    I know I'm going to take a lot of crap for this, but that's the risk we take posting in this forum, no?

So, rumor has it that Santorum has suspended his campaign. Now, to me, that says he can pick it back up, but Romney has already issued a statement conrgatulating Rick on a well run campaign. Maybe that's just Romney being Romney, but whatever. Assuming Santorum is actually out of the race and won't be on any of the remaining primary ballots, and won't get the nomination through a brokered convention, I'm going out on a limb to say that Obama gets re-elected. And here's why.

Four years ago, the GOP nominated a moderate to run against Obama. This nomination split the party vote. Half of us voted for McCain (personally, I did. I didn't like him but viewed him as the lesser of two evils), and the other half voted for a third candidate, whether that was Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, Santa Claus or Mr. Potato Head. When the numbers came in, it turned out that if all the republicans who had voted for the third candidate had instead voted McCain, Obama wouldn't be in office right now. So, did we learn our lesson? No. Now it looks like we are going to nominate another moderate named Mitt Romney. And we're going to run through this cycle again. The Paulbots will vote for Ron Paul (who honestly doesn't have a snowball's chance and I personally find to be a little on the senile side), and the rest who don't like Romney will vote for Mr. Potato Head or maybe even their dog. So what does that leave us with? Another 2008. And four more years of statist rule.

So what can we do about it? Well, assuming Santorum is on the primary ballot come May, I will be voting for him. Im a strong believer in the idea that campaign trends will follow you into the White House. For example, Obama spent exorbitant amounts of money in his 2008 campaign, especially on unnecessary items, like a 757 for his campaign plane. This trend followed him into the White House, where he continues to spend insane amounts of other people's money on ridiculous things. Santorum, on the other hand, has spent less money through his campaign than any of the other GOP hopefuls. Yes, even Ron Paul. This tells me that he's actually pretty conservative when it comes to spending money, despite what the media would have us believe. He's also pro-life, pro-2A, etc. Reasons similar to this are why I view him as the best candidate. Ok, so what if he isn't? Well, if he isn't on the ballot in May, I think it's safe to assume that Romney will easily take the nomination, so why not have a little fun in an election that literally doesn't matter? If Santorum isn't on the ballot in May, I will be writing in...drum roll please...Mitch Daniels. Obviously, he won't get the nomination, I just want to make a point.

Personally, if Santorum really is out, and Romney gets the nomination, I'll be voting for Romney. Why? Because in my eyes, he's the lesser of two evils. Will he win? Probably not, because the Republican vote will be split. But I can hope can't I? In conclusion, I'd like to say congratulations to the GOP. It looks like we've done it again. We've put ourselves in a position where a vote for anybody but Romney is a vote for Obama.

And that, my friends is why I will be voting Republican in November.
    Actually , even if you added all the third party votes up (assuming that they all would have voted for McCain ) Pres. Obama still would have won easily . The difference was over nine milliion votes , he recieved 52 % , McCain 47% , all others combined 1%.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Both romney and fearless leader are statist pigs.

Absent a miracle or a great awakening, we are in for four more years of statist rule regardless of the election results.

When you choose the lesser of two evils, remember that it is still an evil.

This is exactly how I feel. I get tired of voting for "the lesser of two evils". It doesn't matter if it's the current POTUS or Romney.... both are worthless waste of organic matter that will accomplish the same goal via different routes. So in conclusion, chalk up four more years of a Sh** Sandwich either way!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Man that is just wrong....you are entitled to your opinion but in my humble opinion that is the reason we are sliding down the spill way. Not just you alone so be easy. Too many are trying to make a useless point by avoiding this. Please reconsider. Change will take time unless we storm the ramparts.

The reason why America is slipping away, is because the core conservative values have been abandoned by the right. Romney has demonstrated that he doesn't embrace these beliefs, despite the Christian-religious beliefs of his church that largely articulate them.

I'll likely vote for the Libertarian candidate, and that would appear to be Ron Paul at this juncture. While I don't agree with his position on foreign policy, I can live with telling the world to take a dump for itself. People accuse me of throwing my vote away, but unless Romney can say and do something to dissuade me from my intention, I'll go the way of such examples of Taft-Roosevelt, Carter-Andersen, Bush-Perot, and Gore-Nader.

Thanks for the link. It came to me after I posted. At 62 yrs. the hard drive does not spin up as it used to................;)

No problem. :)

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Do you honestly think it was any different in 1775? Ever heard of the term 3%?

AMEN BROTHER!

Seems I've been in the minority this long.... no reason to change now... and

LONG LIVE THE SONS OF LIBERTY.

images

images

Last edited:

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    You come off a damn site older than your 23 yrs. Do your best to convince the youngsters around you they have made a mistake. It will be tough, they will mock you. Sheeple do that...............:sheep:

I spent every Sunday of my youth sitting around the tv listening to dad yell at the Dems on McGloughlin Group on PBS. Its in my blood I guess.

Top Bottom