• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Early adaptors are always willing to pay more.

I could go on about the product cycle but your eyes would glaze over, suffice to say that economies of scales have not yet been implemented.

Allow me to go all Socratic and stuff. Why are M4geries much, much cheaper?

(The M4 Addendum/TDP leak, everyone makes M4ish guns including my mother who uses UDI images of her grandkids as CAGE Codes, inter alia)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up a 300BO Virtus upper kit last fall for $1399 IIRC. It seems expensive but it did come with a trigger and adapter to replace the buffer tube. Quality is very good and it's run without a hiccup to date.

What you get with an MCX is a piston AR with an internally designed recoil system and folding stock. All of those drive the price up a bit, but I really don't know if it is double the cost to produce them.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    They actually sell for more on the second hand market. like over 3k, so getting one at msrp is a good buy at this time.

That said, they’re awesome guns. However, In that price department I’m spending it on Knights… or an LMT.

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    Those with JAKLs, how does it shoot? I only know one owner and he couldn't go a mag without some hiccup.

I got the Gen 2 MCX for $1800 last year. I can imagine and increase in price but it's definitely not worth over $2k...

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    The FDE version is 2699.00! That seems a tad high. It does have a side folding stock.
    Because sigs R&D put alot of work into making a good AR-ish weapon thats piston drivin instead of direct gas impingement and checked all the boxes the military wanted.
    That and its sig, there mags are crazy expensive so why not rake in the cash with the rifles?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The Sig name on a firearm brings with it the “brand name surcharge” much like Colt does on any firearm it sells. These manufacturers have to get over themselves on prices! :dunno:

Top Bottom