Why is Indiana Accepting Illinois Concealed Licenses???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Illinois is and will continue to be a disaster. This was brought on by decades of control by the "combine", a Dem led consortium of crooked liberal pols supported by the public unions whose votes are bought with generous benefits and retirement. My guess is that it will never change there. I'm very happy to have finally bailed out three years ago by moving over here.

Even on Chicago radio today, Emanuel is calling for more background checks and his stooge police chief basically wants total disarmament. The fools continue to blame crime on firearms.

Very true but I must add that we have had our share of crooked republican politiitons. Ryan the x-governor that just got out of jail was a republican even though he was basic a gun hating liberal. Not to be confused with our x-governor that is still in jail who was a liberal gun hating democrat. Jim.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I wish every state, including Indiana took Vermont and Arizonas lead and did away with licensing all together

:+1: That would be best for sure. But if every state honored any valid carry permit from any state (or country) like Indiana currently does, that would be a far better situation than exists across state lines right now. If every state were like Indiana, we could carry from state to state without worry, similar to the way a licensed driver can drive from state to state without worry.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Very true but I must add that we have had our share of crooked republican politiitons. Ryan the x-governor that just got out of jail was a republican even though he was basic a gun hating liberal. Not to be confused with our x-governor that is still in jail who was a liberal gun hating democrat. Jim.

Ryan called himself a Republican but acted like a liberal Dem. He got unlawful use moved up to a felony when he was in office. Illinois Republicans must be looked at very closely since many of them are Dems in disguise. While I like living in NWI, having Visclosky for US rep is a bummer. Since he's had the job since the 80's I guess he's not going anywhere. I do understand that many Lake County Dems have been jailed for corruption over the years. Sure, you see some GOP bad apples but nothing in comparison to the Dems.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I wish every state, including Indiana took Vermont and Arizonas lead and did away with licensing all together

Hum.. both the state of Indiana and the private firm that does fingerprinting has seen/smelled/and rolloed in the "green" for the PINK SLIP. They will not be willing to see that money go away now.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I don't hold it against the citizens....to a degree....but it is the citizens who voted for the people who are in government.....lets not blame the government of IL and forget they only get their power from the citizens. The citizens are free to stop being stupid communist liberals at anytime and vote a different direction. The same goes for the rest of the country.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There is no valid reason for Indiana to infringe upon the rights of non-residents beyond the scope that it currently infringes upon its own.

templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Because we are not pricks. Somebody has to be the adult in the room.

Rest assured, we're going to be working to remove the head phallus (Gov. Pat Clueless Quinn) and we will be seeking changes, including reciprocity after he's gone.

John

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Agree that we need to be the adults in the room. One more thing to consider: How many IL permits are actually issued ? Yep we let all 5 of into the state.... :D

We can't help it that their system sucks - but we can accept their refugees...

Top Bottom