Why is Indiana Accepting Illinois Concealed Licenses???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I just wish every state took IN's lead & recognized every other states licenses (@ least that!). Would be even better if we could just carry whatever gun we wanted, w/ whatever accessories we want & whatever ammo we wanted & carry anywhere that we want )bars, churches, schools, gov't buildings, etc. Just my thinking though.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I just wish every state took IN's lead & recognized every other states licenses (@ least that!). Would be even better if we could just carry whatever gun we wanted, w/ whatever accessories we want & whatever ammo we wanted & carry anywhere that we want )bars, churches, schools, gov't buildings, etc. Just my thinking though.

I wish every state, including Indiana took Vermont and Arizonas lead and did away with licensing all together

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah screw IL. But i dont hold it against the citizens in that state that want to do the right thing and are traped in a crudy state.

I agree.

I don't think there's a way for Indiana to put any real pressure on Illinois. All we would do is prevent Illinois residents from carrying here, which I don't see as a good thing.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. It is the law. Indiana Code 35-47-2-21(b).

2. The only "pressure" that can be applied to Illinois is via the federal government. It is a state in a state of insurrection, and the insurrectionists are its government.

3. The government of Illinois cares not one damn bit about its citizens. Observe Chicago. The hells of Englewood or the like. As long as they vote for The Combine the government has absolutely no incentive to change.

The productive class is fleeing in droves. Did you listen to any of the election night coverage on Chicago radio? It was not about the election, it was about a particular caller's plan to leave Illinois.

The pension system will bankrupt the state. In order to prolong its cancerous death, Illinois will be forced to confiscate retirement plans (a vast pool of money), causing more of the productive class to flee.

Illinois has only changed by action of the federal government. It will only change more via the federal government.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    1. It is the law. Indiana Code 35-47-2-21(b).

2. The only "pressure" that can be applied to Illinois is via the federal government. It is a state in a state of insurrection, and the insurrectionists are its government.

3. The government of Illinois cares not one damn bit about its citizens. Observe Chicago. The hells of Englewood or the like. As long as they vote for The Combine the government has absolutely no incentive to change.

The productive class is fleeing in droves. Did you listen to any of the election night coverage on Chicago radio? It was not about the election, it was about a particular caller's plan to leave Illinois.

The pension system will bankrupt the state. In order to prolong its cancerous death, Illinois will be forced to confiscate retirement plans (a vast pool of money), causing more of the productive class to flee.

Illinois has only changed by action of the federal government. It will only change more via the federal government.

^This.
    CCW was only passed in Illinois because of the 7th Circuit decision. It would probably only ever be made "better" by more federal action. I don't think the political leaders in Illinois have any interest in making sure their citizens (subjects) can carry in any other states.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indiana recognizes a persons right to self defense no matter where they are from in the U.S. It also recognizes the more good guys with guns the safer everyone is. I think it is great that Indiana recognizes all carry permits from other states. Imagine how nice it would be if all states did it. Lead, follow or get out of the way, looks like Indiana is leading.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I am more than happy to have Illinoisers<sp?>, that legally carry a firearm, come into our state for work, recreation, or just visiting. The more gun carriers here, the nicer it is. Makes our state nicer and leave them more unprotected.

Yard_sign.jpg

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Illinois is and will continue to be a disaster. This was brought on by decades of control by the "combine", a Dem led consortium of crooked liberal pols supported by the public unions whose votes are bought with generous benefits and retirement. My guess is that it will never change there. I'm very happy to have finally bailed out three years ago by moving over here.

Even on Chicago radio today, Emanuel is calling for more background checks and his stooge police chief basically wants total disarmament. The fools continue to blame crime on firearms.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Because we are not pricks. Somebody has to be the adult in the room.

Exactly! Those in Indiana who would deny the rights of Illinois residents who wish to carry are no different than the Illinois legislators who have done that for so long. Some of you guys are having problems identifying the enemy!

Top Bottom