• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Don't need it, I've owned and sold two manufacturing businesses in my life.
    Even a little business guy knows, when your stock isn't moving out. It's time to make it a seasonal product on your manufacturing line or just stop manufacturing it all together.
    More than likely, it was a limited time offering as I'm sure if most people are buying an M17, they want as close to the real thing they can get (manual safety and all)...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What I find interesting is when speeding 500 to 700 dollars on conversions, grip frames and all that.
    One can just buy two different pistols than what you have for the same money?
    Three is better than one, and a pile of parts.
    $60 or less for a WC module, less for OEM (of course one can spend hundreds on modules such as the AXG, etc) and again it's all optional, or 1 can buy an FCU alone, etc.

If you review my posts you will find I have strong CDO about owning more than one of anything I carry, usually to the point of getting 3. Yes, it's an illness.

I'm not disagreeing with you on owning more than 1. I am arguing with you on the concept that having more than 1 and having modularity are mutually exclusive things. They are not.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    $60 or less for a WC module, less for OEM (of course one can spend hundreds on modules such as the AXG, etc) and again it's all optional, or 1 can buy an FCU alone, etc.

If you review my posts you will find I have strong CDO about owning more than one of anything I carry, usually to the point of getting 3. Yes, it's an illness.

I'm not disagreeing with you on owning more than 1. I am arguing with you on the concept that having more than 1 and having modularity are mutually exclusive things. They are not.
    LOL, OK, I can understand that, its just not really how I roll.
    I understand adding nite sights and a few extra mags for it. but I'm just one that really never traveled that road. Say my neighbor buys a 700 rem varmint rifle NIB and then ordered a new trigger, manners stock, has it threaded, and has a new Hart barrel screwed on it.
    Me, I'm just going to bypass all that and order a new 40X.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Sig was slow to get grip modules and other accessories out there at the beginning, too. They were also all brand new (so NIB pricing on everything), and the factory was the only game in town. Now 8 years in and there's a booming aftermarket. I imagine if the Echelon becomes a commercial success, the same will happen for it, it's just going to take a few years to get there.

I love the modularity of the grip module concept. If you have a "carry" size duty gun (full-length grip, compact slide like a Glock 45), you can slap a compact or subcompact grip module on it and have a handy off-duty piece. I also have a subcompact gun that is currently doing duty as a backup to my duty gun, so it's wearing a "carry" grip module with the dustcover cut down to fit (something I'm willing to do on a grip module, but probably wouldn't undertake on an actual pistol frame as it would be a permanent mod). The grip modules can be found used for about $20 if you shop around.

From an agency perspective, it's also nice to have the ability to swap between the small, medium, and large modules. There are officers with tiny hands who really benefit from the small, and guys like me who need something a bit larger. I've also found that having the whole grip module be interchangeable produces a more natural overall contour to the grip than some of the interchangeable backstrap solutions I've played with.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Sig was slow to get grip modules and other accessories out there at the beginning, too. They were also all brand new (so NIB pricing on everything), and the factory was the only game in town. Now 8 years in and there's a booming aftermarket. I imagine if the Echelon becomes a commercial success, the same will happen for it, it's just going to take a few years to get there.

I love the modularity of the grip module concept. If you have a "carry" size duty gun (full-length grip, compact slide like a Glock 45), you can slap a compact or subcompact grip module on it and have a handy off-duty piece. I also have a subcompact gun that is currently doing duty as a backup to my duty gun, so it's wearing a "carry" grip module with the dustcover cut down to fit (something I'm willing to do on a grip module, but probably wouldn't undertake on an actual pistol frame as it would be a permanent mod). The grip modules can be found used for about $20 if you shop around.

From an agency perspective, it's also nice to have the ability to swap between the small, medium, and large modules. There are officers with tiny hands who really benefit from the small, and guys like me who need something a bit larger. I've also found that having the whole grip module be interchangeable produces a more natural overall contour to the grip than some of the interchangeable backstrap solutions I've played with.
    The m18 that sig supplies to the military actually comes with all 3 grips (s-m-l) to custom fit to the soldier its issue to, notice the two holes in the takedown lever? It so only the armorer can switch out parts, I’m actually surprised there aren’t a $h!7 ton of small and large grips (with a safety cutout) for sale on eBay

IMG_5106.jpeg

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    The m18 that sig supplies to the military actually comes with all 3 grips (s-m-l) to custom fit to the soldier its issue to, notice the two holes in the takedown lever? It so only the armorer can switch out parts, I’m actually surprised there aren’t a $h!7 ton of small and large grips (with a safety cutout) for sale on eBay

View attachment 326155
    Now that's a kit even I would buy!

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I've talked to more than a couple of gun shop guys who say that the Echelon is not exactly flying off the shelf. Springfield probably should have released a compact G19 sized model along with the full size. But I'm not so sure that space is as popular as it once was, given the new crop of slim compact/upsized micro pistols like X-Macro, Shield Plus and Springfield's own Hellcat Pro.

I actually won an Echelon in a contest when they first came out. Put 50 rounds through it and didn't really care for it. I traded it off a couple of days after I won it. I don't think it's a bad pistol, it just didn't do anything that my M&Ps, P320s or Hellcat Pros don't already do well.
    The 19 size would probably been a little better.

My take on it like your last statement. With so many already proven striker fired guns not sure what the Eschilon does that others don’t.

As far as Sig 320’s it reminded me the hate some had for the Beretta in the late 80’s most few issues it had got exaggerated back then it’s only 100 times worse with the ole internet now.

Short of a laser gun with stun not sure what else companies can make that don’t do what all the others make! Maybe I’ll be surprised next week when SHOT show releases theie stuff

Top Bottom