Why does everyone love the Remington 870 so much?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    I currently own two 12ga 870 Wingmasters (one 2.75" circa 1981 and one 3" model circa 1992) both have the Remington propriety RK40 ultra high gloss wood finish which were and still are the best made most reliable (best looking IMO) pump shotgun ever made. I also own three 870 Express shotguns two 3" and one 3.5" and while they have been 100% reliable and 99% trouble free they as it has been said do pale in a SbS comparison of my 870 Wingmasters.

Having said that the 870 (ones made prior to Big Greens declining years) is essentially the firearm equivalent of either (fans of either take your pick) the Ford 300ci straight six or the Chevy 350ci V8 in that with very minimal care they last for ever and in point of fact if indeed marginally maintained, could easily outlast their original owners and become a firearm handed from one generation to the next.

I can not honestly say how many shells have been through just my first 870 alone, but considering I shot trap with it for over 10 years, hunted upland game and deer with it for over 25 years and used my 870 Express(s) for 30+ years of turkey and waterfowl hunting the shells fired have got to be in the many many thousands and I have only had one issue which required I send my 12ga 3.5" 870 Supermag back to Remington the same year I bought it. Never had a single issue with either of my Wingmasters or either of my 3" Express 870s.

Remington paid for shipping the gun to and from my LGS and sent me back in less than three weeks an entirely new gun. Now that's KA/CS.
    For those wondering the issue was the shell latch had came loose.

Top Bottom