Why bother with the GOP if this is all it has to offer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Political parties are enshrined nowhere. They aren’t mentioned in the Constitution, and they aren't inevitable. There is no reason we cannot dispose of them when they stop working.

Is it time for a new party that will upload the Constitution?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There is currently a fight for control the Republican Party, that the author does not mention it shows a lack of understanding of what is going on. I posted the following in another thread but it fits better here.

One belief I have observed on INGO repeatedly is that many of my conservative allies do not acknowledge that we are more conservative than most other people. While I like throwing the RINO word around I am way more conservative than most republicans I know. The republican party has a wide range of positions but has not mastered that lock step thing the dems have.

If you shut down the Republican Party the dem party would grow and conservatives would lose a lot if power. Jim Jordan would never get to hold hearings.

I picture the Republican Party like cable TV, the cat lady that watches lifetime subsidizes sports that cost more. Every dem light we can add to the caucus increases the power of conservatives wield. If the RP was shut down, some would go to dems to try to get power, the rest would splinter into a couple of different groups, none with power.

There are no good outcomes I can imagine that splintering the RP is advantageous to conservatives.

How about you? What advantages can you think of?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    The GOP isn’t perfect by a long shot, but what REALISTIC alternative is there? None. You can argue, not like it, say I’m an idiot, doesn’t change the answer. At this point in time, there is no viable alternative to the GOP. Any splinter parties would just ensure the Democratic Party takes total control. They do vote in complete lock step most of the time, even the so called “moderates” will toe the line. Any dividing up of the GOP would just mean true one party rule. What needs to happen is for the Republican Party to agree that more freedom and less govt is needed, and quit arguing over whatever factions “purity” tests are failed. We have so many conservatives that agree on 98%, but will slit each others throat and dive off to a also ran third party at the slightest disagreement, resulting in a left win and we all lose.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County

This doesn’t bother me at all. As long as they don’t force their beliefs on me, I couldn’t care less what they do. As far as I can tell “Bruce” has said the same thing. I don’t recall him/her/whatever being in favor of trans in women’s sports, forcing the use of pronouns, etc. maybe I missed it. I care about policy, not personal preferences.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If a Constitutional party would become reality.
    It would not replace the Republican party.
    It would however get a few Representatives in the House in highly conservative districts to help the 10-15 Constitutional conservative Republicans in the house now.

If you have a Rino Republican in as your representative, and a newly established Constitutional party offered you a change to vote for a true Constitutionalist who would you vote for?

No it will not change overnight nor would it upset the balance of power. However, it could have an effect of how current Republicans vote as in more conservative.

As of now we Constitutionalist's really do not have much choice.

Will a Constitutionalist party member get into a senate seat probably not, nor become a president. However, if you could over time get 20+ in the HoR it could change a lot of bills or force bad bills to a standstill. Which I do not mind at all.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you shut down the Republican Party the dem party would grow and conservatives would lose a lot if power. Jim Jordan would never get to hold hearings.

If that's what it takes to get butts out of chairs and actually do something about the mess we're in, maybe it's a necessity?

At the end of the day, the GOP gets worked up and close to getting things done as long as they're a minority party without control of the whitehouse. As soon as they have the power to actually take action, they get lazy and decide to do nothing.

The limp wristed approach the GOP is taking to legitimate existential threats to our country and our people, is unacceptable.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If a Constitutional party would become reality.
    It would not replace the Republican party.
    It would however get a few Representatives in the House in highly conservative districts to help the 10-15 Constitutional conservative Republicans in the house now.

If you have a Rino Republican in as your representative, and a newly established Constitutional party offered you a change to vote for a true Constitutionalist who would you vote for?

No it will not change overnight nor would it upset the balance of power. However, it could have an effect of how current Republicans vote as in more conservative.

As of now we Constitutionalist's really do not have much choice.

Will a Constitutionalist party member get into a senate seat probably not, nor become a president. However, if you could over time get 20+ in the HoR it could change a lot of bills or force bad bills to a standstill. Which I do not mind at all.
    I love your dream, but that is all it is, a dream. Never going to happen. If 20+ districts would vote for constitutional party why wouldn't they already be conservative districts?

Many here seem to have no idea that when we bring up the constitution others eyes glaze over and their minds close. Why? They were never taught the constitution in the way you and I know it. It is just how bla bla to them.

We have to educate the people before we ask them to support what they have no comprehension of.

If you think it is bad now, just blow it up and see how much worse it gets. Why does INGO always default to how they want things to go when suggesting to blow things up and not assess the risk things will get worse. And if folks think that things cannot get worse, I got news for you…

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    In 1992 Rose Perot was favored by many conservatives. If Bush had most of his votes, he may have have beat Clinton.

"Clinton, on the strength of his middle-of-the-road approach, his apparent sympathy for the concerns of ordinary Americans (his statement “I feel your pain” became a well-known phrase), and his personal warmth, ultimately was able to defeat Bush and Perot, winning 43 percent of the vote to Bush’s 37.4 percent and Perot’s 18.9 percent. In the electoral college, Clinton’s victory was more dramatic: he captured 370 electoral votes to Bush’s 168, thus ending 12 years of Republican control of the presidency".

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I love your dream, but that is all it is, a dream. Never going to happen. If 20+ districts would vote for constitutional party why wouldn't they already be conservative districts?

Many here seem to have no idea that when we bring up the constitution others eyes glaze over and their minds close. Why? They were never taught the constitution in the way you and I know it. It is just how bla bla to them.

We have to educate the people before we ask them to support what they have no comprehension of.

If you think it is bad now, just blow it up and see how much worse it gets. Why does INGO always default to how they want things to go when suggesting to blow things up and not assess the risk things will get worse. And if folks think that things cannot get worse, I got news for you…
    I'd rather have a different party than the alternative.

As it's going now things are not going to change at all only get worse.
    Eventually, and in a few more short years I don't think you will believe how much we have compromised away all the freedom we have left, and for what?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What's the joke? How conservatives slit their own throat through exclusion of demographics that could be allies? Stop waging stupid culture wars about who does what with their own dick and balls and concentrate on economic policy and things that better life for all Americans.

Some things matter more than money.
    Stopping that kind of nonsense is one of those things.

Tolerating it has lead to explicit material being shoved on elementary school students. It has even permeated our foreign policy to the extent we were trying to educate Afghanis on homosexuality and transgenderism.

Can we have an actual conservative party that cares about values and traditions more than sending money to Israel and how much a corporation pays in taxes?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Some things matter more than money.
    Stopping that kind of nonsense is one of those things.

Tolerating it has lead to explicit material being shoved on elementary school students. It has even permeated our foreign policy to the extent we were trying to educate Afghanis on homosexuality and transgenderism.

Can we have an actual conservative party that cares about values and traditions more than sending money to Israel and how much a corporation pays in taxes?
    Well, there's your crux. The GOP realizes you get so hot and bothered about values, they use that to get you to vote for candidates that...(drum roll)...send money to Israel and prattle endlessly about top marginal rates.

See how that works?

They have got the values-voters trained like a dog.

But here's the sh!t of it: after the Israel funding is in place, and Ukraine gets their AIM9x'es and Hawks and Boeing and Lockheed lock in another legacy program for people to retire off of for the next 40 years, and top marginal rates are slashed, and the cheap foreign labor is imported, and the jobs are exported, and a nice, orderly row of Bank CEO sailboats and yachts bobs up and down alongside the seagull-encrusted docks of Long Island sound, and China owns your U.S. Rep, and the kill switch is in your car and the spyware is on your phone and the corn-row carpet munchers at BLM have bought their 3rd mansion...society just up and moves to the left on social values _anyway_! Without even putting it up for a vote!

Good luck with that Wheaties Preservation Act.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom