• ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    You will never guess WHERE.
    Gander Mountain in Greenwood.It has been sitting on the shelf for almost two years.I had fondled it many times.The original price was $1000.00 for the "used" Mark 5 not a bad price.
    Last night I was visiting the store to pick up a few last minute Christmas gifts and saw it on the clearance rack for $650.I think about it,and ask the associate what is the lowest they will go on a rifle that has sat for 2 years.He says we do not have any rifles that have been here that long.I say you do,he checks the computer.Yep right at two years in the inventory.He asks what I would give for it.I said $450.He called his boss on the phone.The boss said if we have had it two years sell it.
    As he is checking it out he says the computer shows we paid $650 for that on a trade in.

I get it home and have a closer look.It still has factory lube on it and factory screws in the scope mount holes.I do not think it has ever been fired other than test rounds.Barrel and action are flawless.The stock has a few dings(probably from 2 years of being fondled).

$450 dollars for a Weatherby Mark V with the Fibermark Carbon/Kevlar stock.Less than 7Lbs.

I can not wipe the grin off my face :rockwoot:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i have a 300 weatherby mkv stainless synthetic rifle. is as accurate as any factory rifle ive ever shot. i haven't shot it in years, mabye its time to get it back out.

fyi i paid alot more than 450

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm going to use a line my father used to use:

I wish I had that deal, and you had a feather.

Then we'd both be tickled.

Top Bottom