• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Yes i would. Nothing has really changed for me anyway. I am taking it seriously but I an also keeping this in mind

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    Count me in. Just keep away from me haha. Training companies are still holding classes. Have a scheduled time for each shooter. Spray down. Next shooter. The problem I See is getting ROs to stay for pasting and counting scores...

Planning on doing some 1 on 1s until this passes

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Remarks on the Propositions.

Art. 1. In consequence of that engagement, all the Boston and Massachusetts acts to be suspended, and, in compliance with that engagement, to be totally repealed.

By this amendment article fourth will become unnecessary.

Arts. 4 and 5. The numerous petitions heretofore sent home by the colony Assemblies, and either refused to be received, or received and neglected, or answered harshly, and the petitioners rebuked for making them, have, I conceive, totally discouraged that method of application; and if even their friends were now to propose to them the recurring again to petitioning, such friends would be thought to trifle with them. Besides, all they desire is now before government in the petition of the Congress, and the whole or parts may be granted or refused at pleasure. The sense of the colonies cannot be better obtained by petition from different colonies than it is by that general petition.

Art. 7. Read, such as they may think necessary.

Art. 11. As it stands, of little importance. The first proposition was, that they should be repealed as unjust. But they may remain, for they will probably not be executed.

Even with the amendment proposed above to article first, I cannot think it stands as it should do. If the object be merely the preventing present bloodshed, and the other mischiefs to fall on that country in war, it may possibly answer that end; but, if a thorough, hearty reconciliation is wished for all cause of heart-burning should be removed, and strict justice be done on both sides. Thus the tea should not only be paid for on the side of Boston, but the damage done to Boston by the Port Act should be repaired, because it was done contrary to the custom of all nations, savage as well as civilized, of first demanding satisfaction.

Art. 14. The judges should receive nothing from the king.

As to the other two acts, the Massachusetts must suffer all the hazards and mischiefs of war rather than admit the alteration of their charters and laws by Parliament. ‘They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.’

Full Quote

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    I am hoarding my ammo to repel the looters and zombies this month :draw:.
    Seriously though, the better the weather gets the more I miss getting to shoot. I don't have a backyard shooting area (.25 acre lots and neighbors suck LOL) but I agree with the comments about lets be part of the solution and not the problem. I am not in a "high risk" group (though that's not a guarantee against a bad case) but I personally will not take the risk of spreading the virus to someone else right now. The last thing we shooters need is a TV news story tracing the spread of the virus to a shooting match, or in mainstream media speak "a group of radical militia gun owners practicing to kill fellow citizens". You know they would have a field day blaming us and coming up with a rational for taking away all the guns will cure the virus.

Come May, I may re-evaluate. We can't stop the world to long for this virus without the cure being worse than the disease. Life went on even during the Black Plague. Crops need planting, food processed, oil pumped, etc. I am not being a smart A or callus but at some point we have to go back to producing things and living our lives. I say not just yet, lets support the experts and see if we can break this infection cycle with some isolation for now but not forever.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I miss the matches
    Not much else has changed for me yet.
    Work has slowed for a bit but its looking to pick back up with a vengeance in a couple weeks

Top Bottom