• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Introducing the iChains, for when you're officially ready to sell yourself to Apple!

Hey, you want an iPhone that's cool, but I know some people who buy the latest Apple device the day it comes out no matter the cost for the sole reason it's Apple. Their reverence for the devices is borderline religious.
    Reported.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Funny that some balk at $200-400 for a smart watch but people drop thousands on a watch.

With a few exceptions, those people aren't buying a watch to tell the time, they're buying it to tell people that they can afford a watch like that. Yes, I realize that some people buy certain gadgets or brands of gadgets for similar reasons.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    With a few exceptions, those people aren't buying a watch to tell the time, they're buying it to tell people that they can afford a watch like that. Yes, I realize that some people buy certain gadgets or brands of gadgets for similar reasons.

The I watch would be handy for me at work but I'd tear it up too quick. Wouldn't hold up very well in a mechanic/electrician environment.

hotcorner5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I abandoned iphone about one year ago. I switched over to the Samsung note 3. The screen is much larger allowing me to read documents on my phone. I pick up my wifes iphone now and it seems tiny. I also like the fact that everything can link to google for free with much more storage space available.

I like the texting better, voice recognition better, calendar better...I don't really miss my iphone at all.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Looking online and saw the ATT next program. From what I understand of it, it's a total rip off. I can upgrade for a 2 year contract for a 6 plus 64gb for $399 up front plus a $40 fee. If I do the 12 month next, I will pay $42.50 a month for 20 months on top of my current charges. That's $850.

I currently have 550 minutes a month, no texting plan, unlimited data for my phone and 2.5gb on my wife's phone. That's $115 a month before fees and my work discount. If I go with the family share plan at 10 gb and the Next, I pay $130 a month before taxes and fees plus $42.50 a month per phone. That would be over $200 a month.

Think I will stick with my current plan.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Looking online and saw the ATT next program. From what I understand of it, it's a total rip off. I can upgrade for a 2 year contract for a 6 plus 64gb for $399 up front plus a $40 fee. If I do the 12 month next, I will pay $42.50 a month for 20 months on top of my current charges. That's $850.

I currently have 550 minutes a month, no texting plan, unlimited data for my phone and 2.5gb on my wife's phone. That's $115 a month before fees and my work discount. If I go with the family share plan at 10 gb and the Next, I pay $130 a month before taxes and fees plus $42.50 a month per phone. That would be over $200 a month.

Think I will stick with my current plan.

Yeah, the next is a ripoff. It would work for someone who isn't eligible for an upgrade and can't afford to shell out the full cost of the phone all at once though.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I thought the ATT NEXT program was a requirement now if you wanted to upgrade?

You mean I can just pay for the phones like I have before?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

From my understanding, you can still do the discounted purchase price for a 2 year contract and a one time upgrade fee of around $40.

With the family share plan, you pay $15 or $25 per line for data with next. Without next, you pay $40 per line.

With 12 month next on the 6 plus 64gb, you pay 20 payments for $850. Even at $15 per month for 2 years, the data fee savings is less than the price difference of the phone.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

From my understanding, you can still do the discounted purchase price for a 2 year contract and a one time upgrade fee of around $40.

With the family share plan, you pay $15 or $25 per line for data with next. Without next, you pay $40 per line.

With 12 month next on the 6 plus 64gb, you pay 20 payments for $850. Even at $15 per month for 2 years, the data fee savings is less than the price difference of the phone.

Yep, what Mr. Gribble said. If you're eligible for an upgrade (with 2yr contract) you can pay the discount price and upgrade fee like always. The "default" option is pushing AT&T's next program, but you can still select the upgrade instead from the drop-down menu.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think I'm still going to go to a store to order or buy instead of online. I want to make sure I don't lose my current plan. If I get "upgraded" to the new family share plan, I'll be out another $45 per month and lose my unlimited. Looked up my account online and I have over 5000 roll over minutes.

With my current plan on 2 iphones, 1 unlimited data, the other 2.5gb, I'm paying around $120 a month. That's after my employer discount, taxes, fees, etc.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I've done several for people. It takes a special screwdriver ($3 shipped). There are 2 screws on the bottom and then the back pops right off.

rlrF5h6UGBqN2VNq.medium

2duZfGtv2FSF1BtJ.standard

I tried that...turned my old phone in the brick. :( I won't be doing that again.

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I ended up ordering a 128gb 6+ for me and a 64gb 6 for my lady.
    As far as next with att. They're family share plans that are all they offer now work like this.
    10gb of shared data = $100/month
    Each line with unlimited talk/text = $15/month
    now, if you bring your own device to use or go with the next program everything above stays. If you purchase a discounted phone that line goes up $25/month and you have to pay a $40 upgrade fee.

Next iphone 6+ =$749 and tax is the only thing required up front and $31.20 a month for 2 years and you own the phone and your line stays $15 a month. Total 2 year cost $1,161.43
    discounted iphone 6+ = $299+ tax + $40 upgrade fee and your line goes to $40 a month. Total 2 years cost 1319.93

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

yes, this is what one of my son's did. Of course I told him just to wait a year and prices will come down but it's his money...

Top Bottom