• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    So I think I'm prepared to drop $200 on a flashlight... :spend: I've been looking at "tacticool" flashlights lately and from what I've heard a Surefire is certainly expensive, but it will last forever and ever. My question is: are there any INGO advertisers that are Surefire dealers? I would love to support one of the local gun shops, but I don't know who carries the darn things. Also, the shop would ideally be located somewhere between Fishers and Bloomington.

Help me INGO, you're my only hope.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    I had it bad for an E2DL recently, and ended up purchasing from LA Police Gear. About the same price as dealer pricing on Midwayusa, but then there was an additional 15% off and 10 extra batteries with it. Shipping seems a little slow, but should be here tomorrow according to tracking and I purchased it on the 22d. You may have to wait for one of their specials - just sign up on their site and get their emails. And they also have some closeouts that are pretty attractive prices sometimes.

Can't say that I've tried many other brands of lights, but I'm happy with the couple 6Ps I own.

Just thought - Quantico Tactical is another place I watch. They occasionally have % off specials on everything if you watch.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    My question is: are there any INGO advertisers that are Surefire dealers? I would love to support one of the local gun shops, but I don't know who carries the darn things. Also, the shop would ideally be located somewhere between Fishers and Bloomington.

Help me INGO, you're my only hope.

:ingo:

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm leaning towards the LX2, but I have some reservations about it's length. I already carry a sidearm, keys, knife, wallet, and a cell phone. I don't want my edc flashlight to be too big (and you'd better believe I'm carrying it with me every day if I payed $200 for it!). Pretty soon I'll be on here asking if anyone knows of an INGO advertiser that sells utility belts. :rolleyes:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I'm leaning towards the LX2, but I have some reservations about it's length. I already carry a sidearm, keys, knife, wallet, and a cell phone. I don't want my edc flashlight to be too big (and you'd better believe I'm carrying it with me every day if I payed $200 for it!). Pretty soon I'll be on here asking if anyone knows of an INGO advertiser that sells utility belts. :rolleyes:

I carry the LX2 and it is a little large for EDC but a GREAT light. I use it for security work when I need a light to light up the corners and rafters. Watch for sales even from local shops as $200.00 is at the high end for that light. Also be advised if you have any thoughts of mounting the LX2 on a rifle that it is an unusual diameter and is difficult to find a solid mount. The V-Tac mount does not fit it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The LX2 is indeed a hair on the larger side for EDC (IMO), but it makes up for it in quality, brightness, and tactical switchology.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've definitely researched this ahead of time, and I have certain criteria that I'm looking for in an EDC light:
    • Dual output, with high output enough to use in a self defense situation
    • Momentary on button w/ constant on twist
    • Pocket clip
    • Durable

The LX2 fits all the criteria I want (especially the user interface) and it's backed by an excellent warranty. But the thing that really pushed me towards surefire is that everyone who uses one swears by it. I've heard so many people say that they've abused it to hell and back without any problems, or that they've spent more than double the cost of a surefire on lesser lights before they finally wised up and bought a surefire. I've heard of people that have had surefire lights for ten years of more. And that's the kind of quality that I am be willing to pay for.

Can anyone recommend a cheaper light to me that fulfills all of my requirements, is no bigger than the surefire, and has just as good a warranty? I'm all ears!

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Here's a quick run down that I hope helps you out:

Surefire: Top quality all the way around. The switch, body, electronics, fit and finish and warranty are all the best in the business. All USA made. These lights are typically more simple and easy to use and have very few failures. Although there are other lights that have higher outputs, keep in mind that SF under estimates light output while other companies tend to over estimate. For example a 200 lumen SF will be brighter than a 250 lumen Fenix.
    Top sellers for SF are the E2DL, E1B Back up and the G2X/6PX

Elzetta: These things are built like tanks. Everything about these is build rock solid, in fact you can actually use the light as a hammer. These lights are actually built for AR15/ weapon mount use. They are a pretty good EDC light, but the lack of a clip option makes it a lesser choice. All USA made with a life time warranty.

JetBeam: I think Jetbeam is an under rated flashlight company. Their RRT series lights are the best built Chinese made tactical lights I've seen. The new "P" series is also a really well made EDC light. They do make a budget "B" series of lights which work well, but are not made to as high of standards as the P or R lights. The warranty isn't that great at 18 months, but I still think these lights are a good value for someone looking for a solid light with more options and a lower price point.

4Sevens: Absolutely the most popular brand we sell. 4Sevens is always a step ahead of everyone when it comes to putting in the latest LED technology to a flashlight. This company was founded by one of the original Fenix guys, which is why they have some similarities. They are USA based, but made in China and offer a 10 year warranty. I think these lights are the best all around value on the flashlight market place. I think the build quality is inline with the price point. They are not as well built as a Surefire, but they also don't carry the SF price tag. They also make a lot of lights that run on AA batteries which is appealing to many buyers.
    Top Sellers: Quark X 123^2, Quark AA^2, S12, Turbo AA^2

Fenix/Olight/a bunch of others like them: These lights are going to be similar to 4Sevens, except a step behind them. It's really not even worth buying a Fenix these days, as you can get a similar light with a better warranty in a 4Sevens. Fenix and Olight won't have as good of a warranty and they are based in China which can make warranty work a pain unless you have a good dealer. I will say that one of the best values for a tactical light is the Olight M20, it's a very well designed and built light. I'd recommend it over the 4Sevens G5.

For personal use: I carry a Surefire back up in silver. It's a nice small light with a lot of power due to the TIR lens. It also has a very useful low mode which I find myself using more than the high mode. I do like lights with a click switch which this has. I picked the silver color because it's a little easier to see if you drop it in the dark. Mine is about two years old now and still going strong without any issues.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. But I buy all of my "tacti-cool" flashlights herehttp://www.fenixlight.com/ . They're not a brand a lot of people know of, but the prices are CRAZY cheap for what you get.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. But I buy all of my "tacti-cool" flashlights herehttp://www.fenixlight.com/ . They're not a brand a lot of people know of, but the prices are CRAZY cheap for what you get.

As stated above. You'd be a little better off with a 4Sevens

"4Sevens: Absolutely the most popular brand we sell. 4Sevens is always a step ahead of everyone when it comes to putting in the latest LED technology to a flashlight. This company was founded by one of the original Fenix guys, which is why they have some similarities. They are USA based, but made in China and offer a 10 year warranty. I think these lights are the best all around value on the flashlight market place. I think the build quality is inline with the price point. They are not as well built as a Surefire, but they also don't carry the SF price tag. They also make a lot of lights that run on AA batteries which is appealing to many buyers.
    Top Sellers: Quark X 123^2, Quark AA^2, S12, Turbo AA^2 "

Top Bottom