• ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Stopped by Goodwill and they had a nice couch for $20. It was raining and didn't want to put it in my truck.

So went and got the minivan and it fit nicely. I didn't even have to move my seat up.
    View attachment 161548

The wife and I used to have a couch that looked exactly like that. If I recall, it was of exceptional quality. We did manage to wear it out, but it was a good one. We bought ours used also.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Minvans are panned too much. Seriously underrated "cargo" and people haulers.

IMO - so many people would be so much better off with minivans over gargantuan SUVs that don't have sliding doors.

Think little kids pay attention to neighboring vehicles in parking lots? HA! Sliding doors alleviate that.

Think how difficult it is to get into/out of SUV 3rd row seats. Especially if you have kids that need assistance in buckling in. Minivans make that Sooooo much easier.

And they're generally both less expensive AND quite a bit more fuel effecient than an SUV.

But, people would rather spend $50k+ on an SUV that's harder to use for large families than $35k on a way more practical vehicle. In the name of the almighty Vanity.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The wife and I used to have a couch that looked exactly like that. If I recall, it was of exceptional quality. We did manage to wear it out, but it was a good one. We bought ours used also.

We're in the process of moving and needed a second couch for the new house. Until we figure out color schemes, patterns etc, this will be perfect. And for $20, it was hard to pass up.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

IMO - so many people would be so much better off with minivans over gargantuan SUVs that don't have sliding doors.

Think little kids pay attention to neighboring vehicles in parking lots? HA! Sliding doors alleviate that.

Think how difficult it is to get into/out of SUV 3rd row seats. Especially if you have kids that need assistance in buckling in. Minivans make that Sooooo much easier.

And they're generally both less expensive AND quite a bit more fuel effecient than an SUV.

But, people would rather spend $50k+ on an SUV that's harder to use for large families than $35k on a way more practical vehicle. In the name of the almighty Vanity.
    All good points, I had a Dodge Caravan for years, probably eights years and almost 200K miles, it never missed a beat. I'm not as good with my cars as I should be but I never had to do any significant maintenance on it, same with the Hyundai Santa Fe that came after it. Last trip to Fort Sill we had a rental Toyota Sienna, that thing was nice and easy to get in and out of from the back. The new ones with the stow and go seating give you enormous cargo room.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I haven't looked in years, but I recall looking at the specs of a Chrysler minivan vs. a Suburban some years ago and, essentially, the minivan had more space in every dimension. Add to that, much better mileage (I get near 30 mpg highway with the Pacifica, same with the previous T & C) and if you don't need the higher towing capacity, you're down to "I don't want people to see me driving a minivan"....which seems teenager-ish.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Well I needed my truck today. I dropped a bunch of smallish timber at the new house and needed to take it to the refuse place in Mishawaka. 5 loads would have fit in the van, but cleaning it out would have been a pain.

Top Bottom