• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    LA unveils $578M school, costliest in the nation - Yahoo! News

I see this type of stuff everyday. At leat 2-3 times a week I get plans for local schools that are under construction. It's amazing at the amount of money that is spent on these things. Oak hand rails, roof gardens, water features, practice fields (why can't they paractice on the playing field)...the list goes on and on. In the end the local tax payers are on the hook. Not only schools but courthouses. In early spring Kentucky went on a courthouse spending spree. They are building 6-8 (that I know of) alone. They are spending some big time money. Unbelievable.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Only in California...they never ever, ever learn

FOXNews.com - Amid Budget Woes, L.A. Unveils Nation's Most Expensive School With $578M Price Tag

$578,000,000, that is what they just spent on a school. Half a BILLION dollars. $137,000 per student, all from a state that is absolutely broke.

I could rail on this all day but I will just say one thing. I would put the kids from 150 years ago up against todays kids. The kids from yesteryear would not only beat the kids in the books but they would beat the kids with the books out in the school yard, those pansies. And the kids from 150 years ago did all their "learnin'" in a one room school house that was probably built for next to nothing. When are they going to look at the cold hard numbers and realize that you can't throw money at a problem. Money is NOT the issue. Heck, if they did a "scientific" study on the subject they would find out that the more money they spend the more test scores go down and the dumber the students get! More money=dumber students, end of story.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Sorry, I fixed it. I was beginning to think like the federal government, not a state government. With the feds the only difference between a billion and a trillion is three zeros. Zeros are free so there is no difference.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    This is the problem with "Credit". It spirals out of control and the majority of people don't realize the real weight of the numbers they are casually tossing around.

Sadly, this is the norm for our society today.

If your entire populace believes that being in debt is OK as long as you look good doing it, then why are we surprised that the people we elect look at issues the same way?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Let's not kid ourselves. We're all on the hook for paying for that school. If not yet, then soon. So are our kids.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I am building a school too at the mere cost of One Trillion Dollars......

Seriously though, they need new and better schools to further "educate" our children and enslave them.

If we all lived our lives without debt hanging over our heads, would we still be afraid of rocking the boat?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Why should they worry, all of you are going to pay for it when the federal government covers california's debt. You won't have a say and lots of other states with the same problem will line up behind CA. The state political machines will simply force it through congress. It will get explained away with the usual doublespeak as being in the interest of "fairness".:rolleyes:

Top Bottom