• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Had a great time at BGF today. The shop is fantastic and there is room to move :D

The entrance on Emerson Ave

UjrIZ.jpg

8Qzmu.jpg

The air filtration system for the range is no joke and I can only imagine how much it cost. This thing is so serious it has its own door. I think customers are really going to enjoy shooting here when the range opens!

DAFXX.jpg

Plenty of room for the guns and gear now!

3GPkw.jpg

JyylD.jpg

Q4kNS.jpg

M49h8.jpg

YdKBp.jpg

The Duke

enaoP.jpg

The new eco friendly, reusable, hippie bag

9F2KV.jpg

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I stopped in since I was going by and the new place looked so nice. I didn't even realize it was opening day.

Really big upgrade in terms of space and appearance. Those guys did a great job making that place feel like a gun shop.

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    There are some problems with the motors for the air handlers. They are waiting on new motors to be built. Once the air handlers are finished the range company can finish the install of the equipment. Everything is there and ready to be installed. It is simply a matter of time.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I made a purchase today. This was the first time I had ever been in Beech Groove Firearms (Never went in old store).

I was told they would have what I was looking for and they did.

RRA9mmAR.jpg

This is the start of what will become my first suppressed SBR. It is a RRA 9mm AR.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I made a purchase today. This was the first time I had ever been in Beech Groove Firearms (Never went in old store).

RRA9mmAR.jpg

This is the start of what will become my first suppressed SBR. It is a RRA 9mm AR.

I've been thinking about going the 9mm SBR route at some point too. I was kind of leaning toward starting with an AR pistol and then SBRing it. What swayed you to go this route? I'm just trying to hear from both sides of it. Thanks

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I stopped in. Unfortunately they didn't have a youth rifle in stock, so no purchase was made, but the staff was helpful and my son did get a free cookie. :)

The new store looks awesome, I really like the layout. The staff member told me about a month to open the range due to issues with a contractor falling behind, but that'll be suh-weet when it opens up.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

RRA9mmAR.jpg

Congrats on completing your 9mm search.:rockwoot:
    The race is on to shorten them down now! Next year will be lots of fun!!!

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Congrats on completing your 9mm search.:rockwoot:
    The race is on to shorten them down now! Next year will be lots of fun!!!

I will be starting my paperwork next week. I hope to get the engraving done Monday. I am also hoping to get a suppressor this weekend so I will only have to make one trip to get signed off.

Good luck with yours.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Went in there Tuesday with my son who is on leave from the Navy (stationed in Hawaii, tough gig, lol). The place looks great!

My son decided that since he wasn't home for his mom's birthday, he would buy her a present. He walked out with the Ruger SR22 for her.

Man I love having a "gun" family! (especially considering my wife almost kicked my butt when I started carrying a few years ago :D )

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I've been thinking about going the 9mm SBR route at some point too. I was kind of leaning toward starting with an AR pistol and then SBRing it. What swayed you to go this route? I'm just trying to hear from both sides of it. Thanks

I just recently decided I was going to do this. I shot the one at the NFA day which I met you at (not sure if you know who I am).

My thought process on this was simple. I am a member of MCFG and wanted an ar I could shoot there. That is the real reason of going with a 9mm. I thought about going with a pistol but I already have a .223 AR pistol and while it is fun it really isn't very accurate. So I figured I would get the rifle and I could enjoy it in during the long wait.

Second by the time I get done cutting it down and adding a suppressor it will be about the same overall length as the rifle so I figured I would get used to the gun.

Last as I strarted adding up parts I think it will be cheaper to go with the rifle. I figured either way I would be replacing the heat shield for something with an open look and long enough to cover most of the suppressor. Also I want to show more of the barrel since I will be switching to a stainless since I like the look.

Also this didn't really have anything to do with my rifle or pistol decision but I will either be cerakoting or anodizing everything I can red. I really want to go anodized but after talking with the anodizer he is afraid it may not come out the way I want. He says if all the aluminum isn't the exact same makeup the anodizing will be slightly different. He showed me two car trim pieces they just did and you could see the difference. They were very close but since the heat shield, lower and upper would all be touching it would be noticeable. So I will probably go with a spray finish of some sort.

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    As much as I hate going into gun shops :D , I decided to take a look at the new digs. A very nice addition to the BG environs if I'm any judge. As I strolled about inspecting the offerings, not desiring to buy mind you, I spied what I've been lusting after for a while now on a wall rack. A Rommy (not Romney) PSL DMR and at a price I could ratrionalize. So, long story short, I bought it and vowed to return to make a closer inspection when the shooting complex is ready.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I just recently decided I was going to do this. I shot the one at the NFA day which I met you at (not sure if you know who I am).

My thought process on this was simple. I am a member of MCFG and wanted an ar I could shoot there. That is the real reason of going with a 9mm. I thought about going with a pistol but I already have a .223 AR pistol and while it is fun it really isn't very accurate. So I figured I would get the rifle and I could enjoy it in during the long wait.

Second by the time I get done cutting it down and adding a suppressor it will be about the same overall length as the rifle so I figured I would get used to the gun.

Last as I strarted adding up parts I think it will be cheaper to go with the rifle. I figured either way I would be replacing the heat shield for something with an open look and long enough to cover most of the suppressor. Also I want to show more of the barrel since I will be switching to a stainless since I like the look.

Also this didn't really have anything to do with my rifle or pistol decision but I will either be cerakoting or anodizing everything I can red. I really want to go anodized but after talking with the anodizer he is afraid it may not come out the way I want. He says if all the aluminum isn't the exact same makeup the anodizing will be slightly different. He showed me two car trim pieces they just did and you could see the difference. They were very close but since the heat shield, lower and upper would all be touching it would be noticeable. So I will probably go with a spray finish of some sort.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the info. I've probably got some time before I actually commit to this, so I'm still in the information collection phase. I definitely remember you, if nothing else, for that sick picture that Shooter took of you with the AOW. Good luck with the build. Keep us updated!

The one you shot at NFA Day... Was that BigCraigs? If so, I shot it too, and it was sooo sweet with the 147gr. 9mm.

Top Bottom