who is going to the 1500 next week? (May 29-31)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    UMM I really hate to sound this stupid..... But Is there more than one building at the 1500? Because Ive only ever been in 1 building?

The "big" 1500 is in the South pavilion, which is three buildings. The "small" 1500 is in the West pavilion which is in two smaller buildings. (I think it's two. Someone else will know for sure.)

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, what we do know is this...

May 29-31 Indy 1500 Gun & Knife Show
    Toyota Exposition Hall
    Fri. 2-9 pm; Sat. 8 am-6 pm; Sun. 9 am-4 pm
    Dan Masters (405) 340-1333
    www.indy1500.com

If it's in the Toyota Exposition Hall, I believe it will only be in one building. According to the map, there isn't an attached building unless they have a canopy up connecting to another building. There isn't really a close building though they could connect. So I'm still guessing at this point but it looks like it is only one building.

Here's a map. Toyota Expo is in building 54
    v4rp6h.jpg

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I'll be there on Sat. probably trying to sell the AR-15 I can get sold here. I will definately be stoping by the InGo table to pick up some schwag. For D.T.O.M. the Columbus Show I've heard is pretty much not worth going to because all the good vendors are not too far away up in Indy. They had a good show a couple years ago but then started doing it the same weekend as the 1500 and I heard from a freind that it just wasn't worth the $5. Hell, I enjoy the 1500 even if I don't buy anything, great information and trends.

What do you need to do to sell something there? Register, maybe pay a fee?
    Thinking about putting my AR on the block, and this seems like the place to do it.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You don't NEED to do anything. You should carry a sign on your back with a for sale sign or something similar. Some people like to do a bill of sale. You might think of doing that.

You will have to pay admission obviously to get in to the 1500. Doing a person to person sale there though is no different than doing it on the street.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    You don't NEED to do anything. You should carry a sign on your back with a for sale sign or something similar. Some people like to do a bill of sale. You might think of doing that.

You will have to pay admission obviously to get in to the 1500. Doing a person to person sale there though is no different than doing it on the street.

Awesome. So what's the protocol for the toting/not toting around the rifle? Leave it in the car?

(sorry if these are stupid questions, never been to a gun show)

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Big one. Small one. The 1500 is big ENOUGH. No other show at the same time will have as much interest. I'll be there.

Looking for a good CCW badge. :) Tacticool one, if they are not sold out.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You will make sure the firearm is unloaded. You will enter the building and pay your outrageous fee to get in. They will see your firearm and if not, they will ask you anyway if you have a firearm. Regardless of whether they ask or not, you will proceed through to the police officers and give them your firearm. With handguns, they put a zip tie in it but not sure how/if they do anything with long guns. I would assume so but I don't actually recall. You will then carry your firearm around with you while you are there. You will probably be stopped by many people wanting to know how much for the gun. It is not required, but you should at least look at their driver's license to make sure they are of appropriate age to purchase a firearm. You can do a bill of sale which I know Scutter does on all firearm sales. You can even require they have an LTCH which may or may not give you a little piece of mind about whom you are selling the gun to.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    hoping to go.. gotta work all week though. looking to find an acog maybe. chances are slim but ya never know

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My buddy and I will be there Saturday. I'm hopefully not going to spend any money, just there to sell. I'll have my NEF .44mag, Vector AK and maybe a PTR 91 and my buddy will have a Norinco Paratrooper SKS and a Tec-9.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yep Fri night, going to hit up KokomoDaves fishing tackle box for Glock parts I need that he doesnt have. (Tradition)

Squeeze past 10,000 sweaty bald headed fat guys like me in the isles, and probably pass on the $8 maadi grip I passed over last time. May get some Wolf for next weeks Michigan vacation, and you never know. A nice parking space would be great.

PS Did somebody say VECTOR AK?!?

Do tell us more?!?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom