Who is excited about Star Wars 7 ?!?!?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember seeing the original opening night, Wednesday before Memorial day in 1977 at the Eastwood theater in Indy. There was a line, but nobody was scalping tickets. Some years later I saw the ROTJ, line was longer and there were people in costumes.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not being a great fan of the theater experience these days except for the time spent with the G-daughter watching her movies I can wait for the DVD release.
    I have a fair home theater set up. Casual and relaxing. I can set the sound levels where I want them and not be pounded into deafness.
    My old ears are just not up to the new effects systems I guess.

All this, and you can hit 'pause' and then hit the john any time you like without missing anything!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My son and I plan on seeing but not on opening weekend.
    My uncle took my sister and I to Star Wars (now called A New Hope ) in 1977 at the now gone Town &Country Theater. I really loved the first 3 but the 2nd three were so-so.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I remember the ride home from episode IV and being scared that Chewy was going to hang down from the trees and grab me. I remember helping my sisters wax my oldest brother's car so he would take us to the drive in to see episode V. I remember watching Episode VI. I remember being so disappointed in episode I that it kind of ruined episodes II and III even though they were pretty decent on their own.

I am totally looking forward to seeing episode VII. Cannot wait.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    At the ripe age of 3 1/2, my aunt and her boyfriend took me along with a couple of his nieces and nephews to see Episode IV when it came out in 1977. I remember that I fell asleep at some point and woke up during the shootout leading to the dumpster dive. I still enjoyed it, even if it did stretch further past bedtime than I could consistently manage to stay up!

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    I remember being almost sick waiting in line for the first one in 77. It's the only movie I've ever gone to a theater more than once for, actually saw it 3 times. Excited? Yeah just a little. :starwars:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I and my kids saw Return of the Jedi at the Eastwood Theatre in Indy in 70mm. It was awesome. Put the new digital TV in theatres to complete shame.

I remember watching The Empire Strikes Back at that theater. It was great!

The wife and I are going with the OP and we're looking forward to it. Just hope JJ does a good job!

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Saw Ep IV at the Ritz theater in Rockville, IN, but I was only about 5, so I barely remember it (I've seen it several hundred times since then). Saw Empire and ROTJ in Alexandria, LA with my older and younger brothers. Eps I-III were seen here in Greenwood, but the experience wasn't the same. The early films were seen on full size screens, not the multiplex sceens of today. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to see VII at the IMAX.

One thing that really jazzed me up when I saw the new trailer is the clip of Han saying "It's true...all of it." in response to Rey and Finn's question about the events of ANH to ROTJ. From the first movie's "Hokey religions and ancient weapons" comment, to this line just gave me chills. The look on his face and the tone of his voice makes you think that the force suddenly kicked him in the junk, and he's still feeling it.

The visuals from the trailer look to be stellar, I just hope there's a decent mix of practical effects vs. all CGI, which there appears to be.

/off to watch the trailer again :starwars:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have tickets for opening night here in Fort Wayne.

As a huge Star Wars dork I can not wait to see this. I am really hoping this is good and believe that JJ Abrams will turn the franchise around.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I was born mere weeks after the theatrical release of A New Hope, and have been a fan of everything Star Wars for as long as I can remember. I'm still ticked about 20 years of EU novel-reading that was relegated as no-longer-canon, but I'm still excited for the new movie. As is our tradition every Christmas since the LOTR movies started coming out, I'll be taking my dad to see this. Not 3D, though. Astigmatism + 3D = migraines.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The international trailer is out. The rest of the world got a better trailer than we did.

[video=youtube_share;PE4Je5s_PU4]http://youtu.be/PE4Je5s_PU4[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am really hoping this is good and believe that JJ Abrams will turn the franchise around.

TKq0jqP.gif

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm looking forward to it. I'm a fan of all of the SW movies and most of the ST movies too. This one looks like it will be a good one.

Top Bottom