Who here has used his gun to fend off an attack?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, if he doesn’t start engaging I’m going to write him off as the troll he has been accused of being and treat him accordingly.
    iu

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    SuReLY aNy DeFEnSiVe GuN uSeS wOuLd bE oN tHe nEwS. MeDiA LoVeS sHoWiNg hOw UsEfUl aNd eFfEcTiVe gUnS cAn bE. :rolleyes:

Maybe get some new talking points that don't come from Bloomberg's groups.

Good grief, anti-gunners never have anything new. Just claims that are old, busted and easily debunked. Not even worth a serious response.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK, I'm out the door for a while. Here at INGO we do have a rule against trolling which was mentioned. We are a discussion forum, discussion with name calling is cool no matter the opinion.

Emphasis on "discussion" since I'm not seeing much from the OP. :shady:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Please share the stories of how your guns saved you and your family from violent attacks. And please include the associated news articles from television or newspaper outlets, since any such attack would have been mentioned in the news. I'll start. Actually, not only have I never had to use a gun for defense in my 59 years, but I do not personally know anyone who has done so. I am a USAF veteran, qualified expert in small arms, and a gun owner. If I called anyone a name in this post, it was not my intention.
    Can we at least carve the turkey first?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    As has been pointed out by various studies, "the mere presence of a firearm" often stops any further aggressive behavior from a would be attacker. These incidents most often go unreported in the news. It has happened to me at least five times that I can recall; probably more. Just remembered a sixth!

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As has been pointed out by various studies, "the mere presence of a firearm" often stops any further aggressive behavior from a would be attacker. These incidents most often go unreported in the news. It has happened to me at least five times that I can recall; probably more.
    81.9% never fired a shot per the William English/G-town study.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    As has been pointed out by various studies, "the mere presence of a firearm" often stops any further aggressive behavior from a would be attacker. These incidents most often go unreported in the news. It has happened to me at least five times that I can recall; probably more.
    3x in my lifetime.
    Once I had to draw, and point it, and threatened to fire because I believe the guy was on meth came at me with a knife. Had to warn him repeatedly if he came any closer I'd fire.
    He finally stopped at about 7 yards then I told him to drop the knife which he did reluctantly.
    I do not believe the police caught him.
    That's about as far as I want to go ever again. It happened in Madison about 25 years ago in a neighborhood that seemed decent, and quiet.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Never have had to use it. When he saw that I was armed was enough and was all it took. The 2cd time it happened I did call LE they showed up and was very nice. They tried to locate the nut that was threating and came at me before I displayed and told him to get the **** back. He turned and ran away. LE was not able to locate him.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not quite there yet. I always would rather convert someone who is blatantly anti-gun, than to just drop them with the hammer.

It’s really easier in person, the last big 2A at the state house I spotted a few spies if you will. I think they left with a very different impression of gun owners then they had when they arrived.

Either that or DK or GFGT have already dropped the hammer :lmfao:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    O.p.just deleted the original post about 8 minutes ago. Lol
    Btw- I have used a gun in a self defense situation.
    I don't need to talk about it on the internet.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    In spite of the troll, I was the unarmed victim of assault and battery once. Six times in my life since, a weapon (gun, knife, broken bottle, bear spray) have kept me from being a victim again. Twice against dogs, four times against humans. So far in all cases so far the perpetrators were not permanently harmed.

So Mr. Troll, I don’t care what kind of **** you are trying to stir, your kind is almost as worthless as a politician, but my right to defend myself is not something I need a piece of paper to have, nor do I have to justify it to anyone else. “From my cold, dead hands” is not just a cute quote to me.

Lpherr

Occupied
    3x in my lifetime.
    Once I had to draw, and point it, and threatened to fire because I believe the guy was on meth came at me with a knife. Had to warn him repeatedly if he came any closer I'd fire.
    He finally stopped at about 7 yards then I told him to drop the knife which he did reluctantly.
    I do not believe the police caught him.
    That's about as far as I want to go ever again. It happened in Madison about 25 years ago in a neighborhood that seemed decent, and quiet.
    Isn't this the reason we all carry? For the just in case?
    Each time I leave my home, the thought of having to take a life to defend my own, or that of a loved one, is always present.
    I hope that I'm never put in that situation, and I'm thankful each time I return home safe.

I'm sorry you had encounter, what all of us dread happening, but in this world today, it happens more often each day.
    I'm also glad you're safe and it didn't require that trigger pull.

Top Bottom