Who has the most reasonable transfer fee?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ronn38

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I like my local shop and believe in supporting local business, but they're transfer fee are just unacceptable ($35). I’ve used them twice, thinking surely when they see I’m a repeat costumer (buying ammo, cleaning supplies, etc from them in addition to the transfers) they’d ease up. But no—I suppose everyone’s has to make a living.

What shops have the most reasonable fee's (say within a hour drive of Indy)?

This might make a useful sticky if we can get a number of shops listed. I've found the "FFL finder" features on sites like gunbroker to be uselessly out of date, or have connected me with individuals who clearly do not care for this type of business.

Thanks,

Ronn

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    I've used a guy named Clark Miller in Greenwood for a couple of transfers, he charges $15 each. Got his name off of Gunbroker. Super nice guy - very helpful.

Apokalypsi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Speedway
    There's a guy in Plainfield I normally use named Bob Zellers who charges $10 for a transfer. Good guy doing it out of his home and the cheapest I have found anywhere near me (Avon). I got his name off of Gunbroker the first time I used it and haven't stopped going to him.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Westforth in Calumet Township/Gary is very arrogant and smacks people with $40 transfer fees. Transfer 2 guns on the same ticket, they hit you with $80. They said they were the cheapest in the county. I asked if they would give a discount if I did regular transfers for collectable guns, they said NO. Didn't care if I did 1 a year or a couple each week . . . $40 per gun.

I get them done for $25 at C.N.I. in Crown Point. Thankfully the store opened back up after being closed for a few months.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Blythes in Valpo wants $50/per. Not kidding, call and ask them.

They have a nice indoor range, too, about 3 miles from me, but I'll drive 25 miles out of my way to shoot at Kingsberry just so I'm not supporting them.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    If you prefer using a gun shop, Fort Liberty in Avon charges $25, and they treat you as well as if you bought the gun from them.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Stan at Applied Ballistics Systems Inc. in Lafayette
    $20.00 for long gun $25.00 handgun
    And a genuinely nice guy!

Top Bottom