• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    News Story on 59.com about vehicle break-ins in Greenwood.

Police search for suspects who stole thousands of dollars, credit cards, ID?s from cars in Greenwood | Fox 59

One guy says they stole his wallet that was on the console, another lady says they stole her purse with $1500 in it. In all they say the thieves stole several thousand dollars in cash, purses, credit cards, and IDs, that were left in vehicles over night.

Who are these people that leave stuff like that in their vehicle? I can't believe the reporters didn't say "So, when you leave a wallet in plain sight in your truck........over night.............um.........what did you THINK was going to happen?

The thieves really need to send those people a nice fruit basket.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    How does that work... when someone breaks into your vehicle and steals your belongings. Will the insurance cover your $1500 or not? Would a victim have money to gain by saying they had $1500 when they really had $50?

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Car insurance won't cover the contents of the vehicle unless you have additional coverage for it. I'm sure there wasn't $1,500 in cash in the purse, probably juse upstaged the charges if criminals caught.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Car insurance won't cover the contents of the vehicle unless you have additional coverage for it. I'm sure there wasn't $1,500 in cash in the purse, probably juse upstaged the charges if criminals caught.

It's probably policy/company dependent. Geico & Safe-Auto type places? Their basic coverage probably doesn't have coverage for contents. This is one of those cases of "you get what you pay for". Geico isn't miraculously able to operate at a lower expense to save you money. In order to save you money on premiums they are cutting coverage out of your policy. Get a good insurance policy. IIRC, mine has coverage for up to $500 in vehicle contents and that is the basic policy, no "additional coverage" needed to get that.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm in this 'hood 5 times a week - at minimum. Just cutting through to my destination. I didn't break into any cars, I swear.

And yes - all those who are leaving cash / wallets / valuables inside their vehicles as they're parked outside - are almost asking for it.

Sad reflection upon society that we have to lock doors.

This 'hood is an "OK" hood. Really wish their HOA enforced no street parking, though. It can be a bear to drive through. :D

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    And yes - all those who are leaving cash / wallets / valuables inside their vehicles as they're parked outside - are almost asking for it.

I wonder how many of those people that leave a purse or wallet in their vehicle might just have something to hide from their spouse, or maybe they could live in a house with room mates and their vehicle is the most secure place they feel like they've got.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Maybe they have a "stash" from their significant other?:dunno: It's rumored that someone, ahem, "close" to me used to do just such a thing in a previous relationship, although I, I mean, he didn't keep it in the car. (Boy was she pissed when I paid cash for a VGC 1970 AMX a few years back):laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wonder how many of those people that leave a purse or wallet in their vehicle might just have something to hide from their spouse, or maybe they could live in a house with room mates and their vehicle is the most secure place they feel like they've got.

Trade in the spouse/get new roomy's.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    And you would be correct in your thinking.

Freaking Morons leaving company credit cards in the car.....Who does this idiotic crap.

Some places pay bonuses that way, give employee company CC, run up bills, claim it's stolen. CC company is none the wiser.

Top Bottom