• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I had a G 26 for nearly a year. It was a great gun, just not for me. It has since been replaced with a Hi-Power. Slightly bigger, conceals just as easy, more rounds in the mag, and not noticeably heavier to carry. Better trigger, and I shoot MUCH better with it. If you can learn to get along with the 26, it is a great gun for CC. Just dont be that guy who pocket caries one, especially without a holster...

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I had a G 26 for nearly a year. It was a great gun, just not for me. It has since been replaced with a Hi-Power. Slightly bigger, conceals just as easy, more rounds in the mag, and not noticeably heavier to carry. Better trigger, and I shoot MUCH better with it. If you can learn to get along with the 26, it is a great gun for CC. Just dont be that guy who pocket caries one, especially without a holster...

Would never, plus my pockets are way too small. Couldn't even carry a kahr cm9 in my pocket lol.

firefighter4884

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Evansville
    I have a 17, a 19 and a 26. I prefer OWB carry, although I will carry IWB if I really really need to hide a gun. If I'm going to IWB, I've been known to switch to the CW9 because it's just that much slimmer.

I recently bought the 26, because I can carry it "higher" on the belt, which makes it easier to keep it covered when bending or moving in awkward angles, which happens on a regular basis.

--Jim

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    My Glock 26 with the new Ghost +3 plate. I carry it in a Desantis Intruder IWB, with another 13 round mag OWB is set up like the one in the pic. Great little gun, accurate as all get out. I highly recommend it.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    My Glock 26 with the new Ghost +3 plate. I carry it in a Desantis Intruder IWB, with another 13 round mag OWB is set up like the one in the pic. Great little gun, accurate as all get out. I highly recommend it.

How much shorter is that grip profile than a G19?

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like you had to try a few things before you got it right. Clipdraw? The gun doesn't move around though? I mean it has one clip holding it to your belt/pants? Have you ever tried a crossbreed/aliengear style holster?

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I tried a crossbreed type holster on, but I found it to be difficult to don and doff. To be fair I was trying it on in a LGS so I didn't really give it a chance. As to having to try a few things, that is an understatement for me. I have come to think of carry holsters as something of a holy grail; I am constantly looking for better, more comfortable options. The 64 gallon plastic tub of woebegone holsters can attest to that! :n00b:

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I tried a crossbreed type holster on, but I found it to be difficult to don and doff. To be fair I was trying it on in a LGS so I didn't really give it a chance. As to having to try a few things, that is an understatement for me. I have come to think of carry holsters as something of a holy grail; I am constantly looking for better, more comfortable options. The 64 gallon plastic tub of woebegone holsters can attest to that! :n00b:
    FWIW, I also found the Crossbreed type holsters to be impossible. I had to literally almost put the holster on my pants before putting the pants on my body. Plus, I think they're too much holster for a little gun like a G26 or CM9. When the holster is bigger and heavier than the gun, something is off.

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    I CCW a 26 in an Alien Gear IWB. Like some others have mentioned, the 19 isn't much bigger, but it does print a bit more. FWIW, the 19 seems easier to shoot accurately.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    G26

I carry a G26 in a cross breed super tuck everyday. Very comfortable and easily concealable. Bone stock, no extensions, etc. I have also tried my G19, but it isn't as comfortable and prints more during the summer months as clothing is not as bulky

OIIIIIO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    A 26 is a good concealable carry piece and I can shoot it almost as we'll as a G19

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I carry a Glock 26 in a crossbreed supertuck everyday. It conceals very well and is a great gun. Mine has the crimson trace laserguard. I am pretty thin and dont have any problems with concealing, you just have to dress to conceal.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom