• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Of course they would. Do they prioritize the url of the common tests?
    Wouldn't be hard to do.

I absolutely detest speed tests. The only good use is to see if your connection is around what they say it should be. People try to use it as a troubleshooting tool, and it is not good for that. Drives me nuts.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wouldn't be hard to do.

I absolutely detest speed tests. The only good use is to see if your connection is around what they say it should be. People try to use it as a troubleshooting tool, and it is not good for that. Drives me nuts.
    Is there an accurate way to test speeds?

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Wow. Not even a Dollar General?
    Oh yeah forgot about the DG and a small grocery. We also have the big two dealerships, John Deere and CIH, we are bank rich at 5 also a hospital. Warren county might be turning into a booming metropolis.

West side of Benton county, to my north is pretty darn sparse, Benton has no hospital but several eating places, a Subway, Caseys and a stop light.

Benton school system is the largest area wise in the state, 75 square miles I think. Mile north of me is the school system line, kids a mile north and a mile east had a 25 mi trip to school, one way. If you took it to the max (there is and never will be any houses there) it would be over 30 mi one way to school.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not a good one. A really big file transfer from a large website is probably the best. The issue is, any transfer is dependent upon both ends of the connecting, plus the whole Internet in between. Then you add in that most devices are not capable of pushing really fast transfers.

Really fast connections are about two things in my mind, having a lot of devices pulling a lot of data at the same time, and faster response time. Realize that in networking a connection is not a pipe, although a lot of time it is referred to as one. It is a conveyor with a bunch of slots. Those slots move faster as the interface speed increases. 100Mb is 10X faster than 10Mb. 1Gb is 10X faster than 100Mb.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Oh, another thing to note. Using a VPN will decrease your throughput, probably a lot. A user device is not capable of encrypting and decrypting traffic fast enough to keep up with these fast connection speeds.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Always laugh when people talk about being rural
    Only county in Indiana without a stoplight, no fast food, currently no real sit down family restaurant's, 4 gas stations and a couple bars with food
    North of me is 6 houses in 8 miles, I could have an artillery range
    Moving here to SD I had to reevaluate my understanding of rural lol.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    You have to understand that once you leave the local isp where ever that is, you are subject to traffic outside the realm of what your isp can control. Most isps use ookla and they lay beyond the local network. To have a speed test that is relevant to your isp, they must provide the test server on their network and you must be able to reach it without leaving the network. Also the test pipe must be large enough to not provide a bottleneck due to high volume testing.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Magyars only included European ancestry history in his post. I stand by it being a white history point of view. No matter what area of Europe they were from their history was written by whites.
    "was written by whites."
    ^^^ Yes, due to the fact that AT THAT TIME=Only Whites knew how to write.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Drive there almost every day for the last 22 years. Could live without the windmills
    Before my MIL died, we used to drive up that way often to visit her on Michigan City. Way before that, when my wife and I were dating, I used to drive it almost every weekend to see her. She lived in Wanatah.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Moving here to SD I had to reevaluate my understanding of rural lol.

Nobody knows what rural is until they get into the hills of north eastern kentucky to west virginia.

I felt more like I was in a different country than I did when I went to the UK. And I'm used to living rural enough that I have to drive 30 miles to get to a grocery store.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Nobody knows what rural is until they get into the hills of north eastern kentucky to west virginia.

I felt more like I was in a different country than I did when I went to the UK. And I'm used to living rural enough that I have to drive 30 miles to get to a grocery store.
    That's better than the wasteland that is West Texas.

Top Bottom