• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I just picked up a Citadel 1911 9mm and this gun has white lettering on the slide. I do not care for that so I would like to remove it. The slide is Parkerized. Any suggestions on how to remove that without removing the Parkerization? Thanks for any assistance.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I bought a USGI M14 stock that had a rack number stenciled on it in white paint, I used a little dab of break fluid on it and it came right off. Might work on it

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    If it is coloring that someone added try some Acetone and a tooth brush followed up buy a protective coating of Remoil(or your preference) to prevent corrosion. I have a Citadel. It wasn't painted. So hopefully somene added it with model paint or nail polish and Acetone should remove it. Anything more aggressive then acetone will probably affect the parkerizing.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    When I lettered my lower I used model paint and Hoppes #9 solvent to remove the excess paint from the area. Might want to make sure that Hoppes#9 solvent will not remove the parkerization.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    This gun is new and I noticed that the older ones did not come with that but now they do. Just looks cheezy to me. But this was on from the factory.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I've seen people use the Birchwood Caseys cold blue on rock islands to tone down the lettering on the slide. This may work for you also.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If it is coloring that someone added try some Acetone and a tooth brush followed up buy a protective coating of Remoil(or your preference) to prevent corrosion. I have a Citadel. It wasn't painted. So hopefully somene added it with model paint or nail polish and Acetone should remove it. Anything more aggressive then acetone will probably affect the parkerizing.

Nail polish remover.aka acetone.

If acetone won't take it out, I wouldn't try anything more aggressive. What about color filling black over the white?

Never mind.
    Thought my name was being called. :)

Top Bottom