• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    This is the reason I use crayons on my stuff. Plus you can get 128 colors for that $5 investment.

That is true, but I also found I could rub the color out without any extra help other then my fingers. Looks good, but just didn't last for me. Might be right for some though :yesway:

And Doug,
    I mean that would make sense as to why it removed it. Which is another reason I do not use quick scrub, I've heard horror stories with polymer frames as well. But thanks for the heads up :yesway:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    There won't be a gun out there with out this now... lol I can't wait for my XD40SC so I can do this as well.
    YES there will be at least 2 Glocks out there without this mod but to each his own..:dunno: Just call me a fan of the "understated" look.
    Always good to see pics of someone personalizing their pistols and getting in touch with their feminine side. :D Just joking guys.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    good job! I did the white crayon method with my AR reciever and it turned out pretty good. I have heard people say that the handgun barrels get pretty hot and melt the crayon off over time, but so far the AR reciever has been fine. It looks like a factory job. Let us know how the nail polish holds up!

linzal12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Greenfield
    You gave me something to do today. however i had no luck finding olive drab fingernail polish. Who would have thought it is not a popular color.

adi05k.jpg
    [/IMG]

2hwjqcx.jpg
    [/IMG]​

Last edited:

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Marketing news flash: Management at Walmart is puzzled by a recent surge in sales of ammo along with nail polish and crayons.

:laugh: i can only imagine

You gave me something to do today. however i had no luck finding olive drab fingernail polish. Who would have thought it is not a popular color.​

:rolleyes: women need to learn what looks good and what doesn't!

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    That turned out really nice. I recently did this too, except I used Testor's model paint. I picked up a bottle of red paint and a bottle of the paint thinner for a grand total of $3.90.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Yeah, I bought the brightest red I could find on the "buy 2, get 1 free" sale at CVS, but it is kind of hard to see. maybe some neon orange would be good :)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    My glock seriously looks like it's been carried daily since it was new in July of 1994. I doubt any pretty lettering is going to make it look any less sad, beat up, and utterly reliable :)

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    My glock seriously looks like it's been carried daily since it was new in July of 1994. I doubt any pretty lettering is going to make it look any less sad, beat up, and utterly reliable :)

Now thats the way guns are supposed to look...it gives them a little character and a certain toughness you dont have with a shiney new gun! You ever wonder if your oldest guns could talk, what kind of stories they would tell? :dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I did this to both my Glock and my Steyr...

The Steyr's finish is a little more "rough", as compared to the Glock.

Where I rubbed the excess polish off, on both pistols, though, there's still a light white "smudge" where I couldn't get it completely off.

Perhaps the difference was in using paper towel as opposed to the cotton pads?

Top Bottom