• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    This is the reason I use crayons on my stuff. Plus you can get 128 colors for that $5 investment.

That is true, but I also found I could rub the color out without any extra help other then my fingers. Looks good, but just didn't last for me. Might be right for some though :yesway:

And Doug,
    I mean that would make sense as to why it removed it. Which is another reason I do not use quick scrub, I've heard horror stories with polymer frames as well. But thanks for the heads up :yesway:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    There won't be a gun out there with out this now... lol I can't wait for my XD40SC so I can do this as well.
    YES there will be at least 2 Glocks out there without this mod but to each his own..:dunno: Just call me a fan of the "understated" look.
    Always good to see pics of someone personalizing their pistols and getting in touch with their feminine side. :D Just joking guys.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    good job! I did the white crayon method with my AR reciever and it turned out pretty good. I have heard people say that the handgun barrels get pretty hot and melt the crayon off over time, but so far the AR reciever has been fine. It looks like a factory job. Let us know how the nail polish holds up!

linzal12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Greenfield
    You gave me something to do today. however i had no luck finding olive drab fingernail polish. Who would have thought it is not a popular color.

adi05k.jpg
    [/IMG]

2hwjqcx.jpg
    [/IMG]​

Last edited:

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Marketing news flash: Management at Walmart is puzzled by a recent surge in sales of ammo along with nail polish and crayons.

:laugh: i can only imagine

You gave me something to do today. however i had no luck finding olive drab fingernail polish. Who would have thought it is not a popular color.​

:rolleyes: women need to learn what looks good and what doesn't!

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    That turned out really nice. I recently did this too, except I used Testor's model paint. I picked up a bottle of red paint and a bottle of the paint thinner for a grand total of $3.90.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Yeah, I bought the brightest red I could find on the "buy 2, get 1 free" sale at CVS, but it is kind of hard to see. maybe some neon orange would be good :)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    My glock seriously looks like it's been carried daily since it was new in July of 1994. I doubt any pretty lettering is going to make it look any less sad, beat up, and utterly reliable :)

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    My glock seriously looks like it's been carried daily since it was new in July of 1994. I doubt any pretty lettering is going to make it look any less sad, beat up, and utterly reliable :)

Now thats the way guns are supposed to look...it gives them a little character and a certain toughness you dont have with a shiney new gun! You ever wonder if your oldest guns could talk, what kind of stories they would tell? :dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I did this to both my Glock and my Steyr...

The Steyr's finish is a little more "rough", as compared to the Glock.

Where I rubbed the excess polish off, on both pistols, though, there's still a light white "smudge" where I couldn't get it completely off.

Perhaps the difference was in using paper towel as opposed to the cotton pads?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom