• Which way do you thread your belt?

• Total voters

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I was looking at some pictures on here and got curious, and wanted to start my first poll.

Which way do you thread your belt? To the left (anti-clockwise)? Or to the right (clockwise)?

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Can I get a picture here? What are you guys talking about?

When you thread your belt through the belt loops on your pants which way does it go around your body? e.g. I start from the left side (my left) and work my way around to the right. A normal buckle style belt would have the excess belt sticking out to the left when done.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Yes

When you thread your belt through the belt loops on your pants which way does it go around your body? e.g. I start from the left side (my left) and work my way around to the right. A normal buckle style belt would have the excess belt sticking out to the left when done.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    It is customary for men to thread their belts so it goes under their left arm first. That is how the manufacturers of decorative buckles, the kind with writing and pictures on them, know which way to put the words, so it can be read.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    It is customary for men to thread their belts so it goes under their left arm first. That is how the manufacturers of decorative buckles, the kind with writing and pictures on them, know which way to put the words, so it can be read.

However, if you are using this belt to remember your name, you need it upside down. Then you can tip it up and read it. For that situation, right is right.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Only girls thread their belt to the right.

At least that's what I've been told in the past.

Uh.. I've never threaded my belts to the right.
    Always to the left.

Buttonholes and zippers for women tend to go the opposite direction. Example: the sweater I'm wearing today has the buttons on the left side and the buttonholes on the right. All our mens' shirts here at TB have the buttons on the right and the holes on the left.

But my belt starts just left of the fastener, wraps around counter-clockwise, and the excess goes to the left.

Top Bottom