• ...and so much more!
  • Which phone do you use?

• Total voters

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm COMPLETELY IGNORANT when it comes to Android. I have no text pal with att on my iphone. 98+% of my texting is to other ios users so a text plan is unnecessary. I get charged 20 cents per non imessage text sent or received and the few I get is still way cheaper than a plan. Does android have an equivelant to iMessage, FaceTime, etc?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Enjoy your flip phones and prepaid phones and non-smartphones while you can. Within the next six years, you will no longer be able to purchase them.

Gee, I guess I'll cross that bridge when, and if, I ever come to it.

I have been told by some people that I know who work for AT&T that the non-smart phones will no longer be offered for sale by the end of this year, and no new plan will be available w/o a data package. Non-smart phones are being phased out quicker than you may think. Although you will still be able to buy them second hand for some time, but good luck getting it activated if you don't have a good SIM card.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    GS3. When we got them, I remember thinking that I will never get used to how big they were. After stuffing them in an otter boxes, they seemed ginormous. After a day, we did not even notice.

I love the big screen. Coming from a BB which was a pain to scroll every which way to look at anything on the web, it was nice. I still do not utilize but a smidge of the S3's capability, but love what I do use.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    For the second, or possibly third time in over a year I agree with 88GT. I've owned Android and Apple phones, and used an (ugh, awful) Windows phone for work, but I much prefer the Apple products. I'm due for an upgrade as my 4S is four years old and is just starting to behave badly (my fault, I'm an abuser of cell phones). It'll be a 5S by the end of the week.

I am an iOS snob.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I use the one my company provides for me for FREE. Don't CARE what kind it is. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

If the company provided me a phone, I'd either have to share it with my counterparts or they'll think I should have to answer it 24/7. I'm not dealing with the drama involved with coworkers giving that number to their girlfriends so their wives don't find out. I'd hAve the same phone and plan without work so I'll stick with using my own.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There was a thread similar to this a couple of weeks ago, I think. We've been iphone users since we went to smart phones. I learned the hard way with iphones is don't be so quick to upgrade to the latest and greatest ios version--especially after your phone is replaced by later versions.

I had a Galaxy s4 when I was working--it was my first exposure to android. It was ok. I could probably get used to it. It was just a little different. There were a few things it did better than ios and there were a few things it didn't. Probably the one thing I liked them most was the larger screen. My short fingers made it difficult to reach some of the controls but when it came to being able to read stuff, the larger screen was a definite advantage. The other thing was the battery life. It seemed like the Galaxy had far superior battery life compared to the iphone.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If the company provided me a phone, I'd either have to share it with my counterparts or they'll think I should have to answer it 24/7. I'm not dealing with the drama involved with coworkers giving that number to their girlfriends so their wives don't find out. I'd hAve the same phone and plan without work so I'll stick with using my own.

I don't know about the sharing part, I never ran into that while I was working and they gave me a phone. You're right about them expecting you to answer it 24/7. I just left mine on the charger--out in my truck. But a bunch of my co-workers felt like it was their duty to be on dead-ready should anybody need to contact them.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That's why I said "with no case". A case adds bulk that I don't want or need.
    I used to buy Otterboxes for my Blackberries back in the day. I haven't had one on either of the Android phones I have owned. Haven't broken either, and it isn't because I don't do things that could be bad for a phone. I agree, the case adds a lot of bulk and I have seen as many phones break in them as not. The screen is what I have seen break the most often and they usually haven't been from dropping. My younger son managed to break two Samsung screens with one in his pocket walking through Wal-Mart and one sitting on the floor.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've used Windows based and Android phones. Wouldn't keep a free iPhone. Currently using a Samsung Galaxy S4. Been watching the Windows based Nokias. Before I had to upgrade my sim card, I kept a pretty much bullet proof Nokia candy bar phone, a Motorola flip, an HTC touch pro (Windows) as back ups. The old Nokia seemed to work the best overseas.

WvIcuvj.jpg

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I like ios5, ios6 was better in some aspect but sucks in others....hated ios7.

...been on android since...

Top Bottom