• Which phone do you use?

• Total voters

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'm fairly certain that I'm one of the last people in my age group (21-26) to still use an old flip phone. It's only my second cell phone, and I've had it for years. Sometimes when I shut it, it shuts itself off... which is slightly annoying.

verizon-wireless-cdm8975-handset.jpg

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    iPhone 5 for me. Galaxy s5 for the wife.

Was thinking of switch to android but at that time, best buy was running a special. Trade in iPhone 4 and get a 5 for $10 couldn't pass the deal up. My wife went from iPhone 4 to galaxy and she loves it. She takes a lot of pictures and the camera is way better than the iPhone's

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Galaxy Note 3. Best phone I've ever had. If you have an Apple computer or used to the iOS then an Iphone is a no brainer. The Android phones seems easier for those of us used to a conventional OS. Phones are like guns, everyone has their favorite. In reality, they are ALL good.

I am an iOS snob.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Android only. PC only.

I certainly admire and respect what Steve Jobs was able to accomplish, but never been a fan of Apple.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I use a phone so primitive that all it does is make calls. It costs me about $90 a year.
    Snap! That's all I need mine for too. I get a year of service for what other people pay two months for :D

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I assure you, you'll be sorry you wasted your money on an iPod when Microsoft comes out with theirs.
    Sheldon

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    HTC One M8 for me.Went Android years ago and never looked back.I like to do what I want with my phone,use whatever programming software(or lack thereof) that I choose, and have battery life that doesn't require me to add a phone charger to my EDC.There are also a ton more free apps.

For me,iPhone was like someone handing me a phone with a password that I couldn't break on everything that I wanted to customize.Android lets me do pretty much anything to my phone that I want(like developer options which I use to make my phone run faster and more efficiently).

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm fairly certain that I'm one of the last people in my age group (21-26) to still use an old flip phone. It's only my second cell phone, and I've had it for years. Sometimes when I shut it, it shuts itself off... which is slightly annoying.

verizon-wireless-cdm8975-handset.jpg

I'm just a bit outside of your age-group and I still use a flip-phone. I have very little need for a smart-phone and the benefits of a flip phone are so numerous that I just won't make the switch.

Some of the big points I like about flip phones:
    Much longer battery life (I could go 11+ days on a charge when I first got this phone, as the battery has degraded over the 4 years I've owned it I'm down to 4-7 days/charge)
    Much smaller/more comfortable form-factor means I don't have a huge, uncomfortable "block" in my pocket all day. Just a small flip-phone.
    Much more robust, I'm hard on phones, the special cases for smart-phones make them even more bulky and I can't stand it; my flip phone stands up to some serious abuse and doesn't require a special case to be able to do so.
    I don't "butt-dial" anybody. I've had problems with several different phones not wanting to lock the screen properly and I found myself always butt-dialing people. That's not a problem with a flip-phone.

Unfortunatley, verizon now only carries the very minimalist flip-phones in stores so there is no way to check them out in-store before upgrading. I hate it... As a matter of fact, it's very likely that if I upgrade, I will probably switch my phone back to the one I'm using now at the slightest hint of a feature I don't like on my new phone...

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Just recently switched from an iPhone 4s to a Galaxy S5. No big complaints with either one, but I use my phone more for work now and the Galaxy does a few things the iPhone didn't (or I didn't know how). All my music was a PIA to switch over though, still don't have everything.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'm just a bit outside of your age-group and I still use a flip-phone. I have very little need for a smart-phone and the benefits of a flip phone are so numerous that I just won't make the switch.

Some of the big points I like about flip phones:
    Much longer battery life (I could go 11+ days on a charge when I first got this phone, as the battery has degraded over the 4 years I've owned it I'm down to 4-7 days/charge)
    Much smaller/more comfortable form-factor means I don't have a huge, uncomfortable "block" in my pocket all day. Just a small flip-phone.
    Much more robust, I'm hard on phones, the special cases for smart-phones make them even more bulky and I can't stand it; my flip phone stands up to some serious abuse and doesn't require a special case to be able to do so.
    I don't "butt-dial" anybody. I've had problems with several different phones not wanting to lock the screen properly and I found myself always butt-dialing people. That's not a problem with a flip-phone.

Unfortunatley, verizon now only carries the very minimalist flip-phones in stores so there is no way to check them out in-store before upgrading. I hate it... As a matter of fact, it's very likely that if I upgrade, I will probably switch my phone back to the one I'm using now at the slightest hint of a feature I don't like on my new phone...

My flip-phone is the same way, I charge it once a week. Actually, just about all your reasons reflect mine. I liked my old flip-phone better and it lasted me 6 years before the speaker went out and I couldn't hear anyone talking... took me a few calls to figure out people weren't just calling me without answering me.

I can't see myself owning a smart-phone anytime soon.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    For me, Android all the way. I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and it's been an amazing phone. I hear the Note 4 is coming out this fall though so I'll have to check that one out.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Motorola Driod RZR HD.

LOVE IT.

Leaps and bounds better than my previous (And first) smartphone, the Google Nexus. GREAT idea - very poor planning.

I'd be OK with a dumb phone, though. I'm definitely not a power user.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    LG 530g

I know you're jealous.

Here's the crazy thing. It makes and receives call spectacularly. It texts just fine. It allows me to use Trololo as my ring tone and it costs under $100 a year. I may go days without using it at a time....and those are the sweetest days of all.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    iPhone 5 for me, and a 4s for my wife. She LOVES hers. Mine works well enough. The latest IOS has killed my battery life, though. I figure they'll fix it in the next one (and break something else).

Top Bottom