• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    How about neither and nice entry level 1911 instead. Since you have a xd in .40
    Already??? But if set on a plastic gun and u like your xd now
    Why change to glock?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    After owning both, I'm more prone to ask which one feels better in your hands? Which one points more naturally?

The Glock & XD have different grip angles, so these questions mean a great deal when it comes to which you will have a better time shooting / hitting your intended target.

Side Note - The XD has the same grip angle as a 1911, so for me it's more natural.

mwagner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    I would go with Glock because the only gun I've shoot that was better than my Glock was my dads S&W 629 Deluxe, and lets face it there's not much better than .44 Magnum revolver.

trex75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Whichever one feels best in your hand. I personally have an Springfield XD9, but have shot a G19. Both are great guns and very reliable.

Mycroft

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis area
    They are both quality guns from quality gun companies, but definitely try them both. Personally I have an XD-9 because I'm much more accurate with it than with a Glock.
    However, I also have an M&P 9mm which I like just as well.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I love my xd. But if ur considering springfield, check out there xdm series also. Find what your more.comfortable shooting and go from there. Also consider the xd has some different features so make sure your comfortable with those.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Glock or M&P is my vote. XD's have that superfluos grip safety (considering they are striker fire...grip safety is for a 1911 that has a free floating firing pin)

YMMV though.

VoteRedTeam

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I was in a similar boat a few months back. I spent several weeks researching my first gun purchase and I wound up going with the XDM 9mm in the 5.25 bitone. I wavered between it and the 4.5 but glad I went with the 5.25. It's definitely too big to carry but I plan to pick up a 3.8 9mm in the future. Everyone has their own personal taste, and I have to admit a good portion of my decision came down to the appearance of the XDM. I just loved the lines and also the look of the bitone. I consulted 3 friends that know a lot more about guns than I did/do and they all agreed the XD line are great firearms. I really liked the idea of having something that isn't the Ford F-150 of firearms (Glock) a great truck......but 10 million of them on the road. I do wish the XDM had the customization options like the Glocks do and I know that's a big reason why many gun enthusiasts love the Glock line. It's like buying a car or a house....figure out what features are important to you and how much you want to spend, narrow down your choices, and take a look/test drive to figure out what's right for you.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I want you to choose the gun I own and validate my own choice so I feel better.

Seriously, both are great guns and pretty equal in call categories. Which one feels best in your hands?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I want you to choose the gun I own and validate my own choice so I feel better.

Seriously, both are great guns and pretty equal in call categories. Which one feels best in your hands?

Ain't that the truth.

It really is comparing apples to artichokes. If possible, buy both, then decide. If not buy one see if you like it.

I'd recommend this option. Try to get your hands on both of them, shoot them, wear them around the house, just in general try them out before you make a decision.

If you can't get them both now, don't stress out over it. Pick one — I don't care which or how you pick, flip a coin or something — and use it for a while. Then see how you feel about it. Never be too stuck in a rut to try something new and change your mind later on. Just because you pick out a gun to be your EDC now doesn't mean you can't ever change your mind later.

Myself, I own both. I prefer to carry the XD, but I keep the Glock around because I like it, too. It's all about finding what you like, what works best for you, and continually evaluating yourself to see if your decision is still the best one.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I agree.. I went to pops, and tried several. I didnt realize I was a glock guy till then.. Its really a case of "if the shoe fits"

I mean you can MAKE yourself proficient with any firearm.. But why not pick one that you already seem to jive with??

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Ok, update.....I got a chance to look at the Glock. Seems that the person selling this weapon, didnt actually "own" it, it was a relatives. Being the ever cautious person I am, I decided to look at the prices for a new Glock, and held off buying it. Didnt find one...HOWEVER, did manage to find a great price on a Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm. I saw one in Avon GS, and another in Emerson...went with the shop in Emerson. I am now the proud owner of a Sig Sauer 9mm....now if I can only get some darn ammo to shoot from it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom