• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    I want to purchase a 1911 in 9mm with a rail so I can use my weapons light. I’m looking for opinions/suggestions based on real world experience. Pictures of your system would be great! I have not decided between single or double stacked. I realize the double stacked mags require more tender love and care but this is not a huge concern. I want a reliable and nice system but don’t want to go much over $2000. I really don’t want to add several aftermarket parts but realize this usually happens in order to get a system where I want it. Here is a list of companies I have looked at so far.

Single Stack
    1. STI
    2. Springfield
    3. CZ/Dan Wesson
    4. Kimber
    5. Colt
    6. SIG
    7. STI

Double Stack
    1. STI
    2. Para USA

THANKS in advance for all the help ladies and gentlemen!

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    My friend just picked up a 9mm Dan Wesson Discretion. It is a great pistol and has run flawlessly. It is a pleasure to shoot. It has a factory threaded barrel which is nice if you would ever want to run suppressed.

He picked up on the blemished models off Gunbroker for around $1,600. Not a bad way to go as we haven't been able to find any blemish on the thing.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Springfield combat Operator looks like the perfect 9mm 1911 in my opinion. From everything i have seen, it is essentially a trp in 9mm without the mag well, which isnt the worst thing in the world. And checkered front strap... huge a+ in my book. Would love to have it, but a 9mm 1911 just isn't my cup of tea...

I like the Dan wesson Guns, but after having 2, both had ftf issues with all different types of ammo and dw mags, Wilson's, etc...

DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Anyone played around with the Para USA Black Ops Recon? Looks like a nice one but there are few reviews/videos on it.

DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    My friend just picked up a 9mm Dan Wesson Discretion. It is a great pistol and has run flawlessly. It is a pleasure to shoot. It has a factory threaded barrel which is nice if you would ever want to run suppressed.

He picked up on the blemished models off Gunbroker for around $1,600. Not a bad way to go as we haven't been able to find any blemish on the thing.

I AGREE COMPLETELY on the Discretion!!!

Top Bottom