• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I was a junior in high school. I was sitting in a computer science class of some kind, surfing the internet because I had all my work for the day done early. Was looking at websites when I noticed the internet was getting VERY slow and sluggish. I finally got CNN’s website to load and saw the breaking news. We sat around in all of our other classes that day glued to the televisions.

After school my girlfriend and I went to her parent’s law office where we continued to stay glued to the television.

On that day I knew that our lives as American’s had changed forever.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I was at work, when a guy said someone flew a plane into the Pentagon, I said that it sounded like something from a Tom Clancy novel. I worked outside at the time, and the town south of us has duel runways, and I noticed they were coming in two at a time...never seen that before. I had lunch with my wife that day (she was 4 months pregnant) we sat in the car and cried as we listened to the radio. She kept asking "what are we bringing a child into?"

Last edited:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    It was my freshman year in high school, just walked into math class when some other student came running in and told our teacher to turn the TV on. At first, all we saw was the one tower on fire so we didnt think much of it and right as our teacher was about to turn it off, we watched the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower. The class just went silent, you could have heard a pin drop. My buddy Ryan leans over and says something that I'll never forget, our math book had a picture of the Pentagon on the cover, he pointed at it and said, "This is next." Our teacher over heard it and made a comment about how that couldnt happen. 15-20 minutes later, we watched as the news stations reported the attack on the Pentagon and we all just turned to Ryan with the most dumb founded looks on our faces. That day is burned into my mind and I am not afraid to admit that I get a lump in my throat every time i see replays of the police and fire departments entering those buildings, knowing that most of them died minutes later. As much as we on INGO love to bash LEOs, what the NYPD and Port Authority Cops as well as the fire department d did on that day was by far the most courageous acts I've ever witnessed live on TV. 9/11/2001 is one of the biggest reason I put that uniform on a couple years later. I'm so glad we got that s%n of a %^$&. I just wish it was me pulling the trigger.

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    I was in the fourth grade at the time and I'll still never forget it. They would not tell us what had happened and when I look back at it and am a little unpleased with how they handled it. I remember my teacher at Burris Elementary (in Mitchell, IN) having a TV set on in the back of the classroom facing away from us, standing and watching. I also recall when the entire grade was lined up about to go out to recess they decided against it, and told us a snake was found on the playground. The staff was frantic and the kids were just confused.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I was in a safety meeting at work, one of the ladies that worked there came in and said that a plane had hit the WTC. We were all, thinking it was something like a little private plane, and were talking about how stupid the pilot would have to be to hit a building that size. Then a bit later she came back in and said a second plane had hit. Then we realized something was up, the boss got up and turned the tv on and we watched it for a bit. Then the boss told us to get to work, I think he was trying to get our minds off of it.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    On an excruciatingly long drive from anderson to evansville. Nothing on the radio to listen to except news of the attacks. I will never forget that drive.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I was working off Engle road(Ft. Wayne)at the then new Verizon building ,It was so eerie that day because of the stop of activity was so sudden .My wife was recovering from an accident at home & was calling me all day with updates on what was happening while we listened to the radio.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I was late to work as usual - came up the back steps and one of the flight medics was holding the door and told me that a plane hit one of the Towers. He's a joker so of course I didn't believe him! Everyone was in the conference room watching TV and we saw the second one hit. Since we're a group of paramedics and ED nurses, we started figuring out how long it would take us to drive to NYC to help. Then the towers fell and we knew we would not be needed. Next thing we knew, Samaritan was grounded by the FAA.

Rampdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Cloverdale
    I was asleep. I had just got to bed after finishing a long shift in the FedEx tower at the airport. My wife came in and woke me telling me that a plane had hit a building in NYC. She turned on the TV in the bedroom and I knew immediately it was no accident. We were both watching when the second aircraft hit.

Last edited:

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    This is from what I posted last year.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/1299073-post45.html

On 9/11/2001, I was about to leave the office/shop to deliver some material to one of the crews and the secretary mentioned something about a fire at the WTC. She said it was probably another kitchen fire. I headed out and made a stop at the local bait shop. The TV was on and the owner and I stood there watching in shock for hours. People came and went but not many stayed more than a few minutes watching the TV. The Coke/Pepsi guy made a delivery that morning and I told him that two planes had flown into the two WTC towers. He said “ya… that’ll teach um.” :n00b: :dunno:

Around noon I made my delivery and went home. When I got to the back door I found it had been forced open and two of my handguns were gone. I called the sheriffs department and the deputy that responded said off duty officers had been called in just in case something happened around here. He had been assigned to watch the high school.

Some time later, (A few weeks or months. I don’t know how long it had been since 9/11.) I was working on a building in Royal Center and I noticed that there were a lot of jets flying over. It was overcast so I couldn’t see them but they were flying from west to east and one or two every ten to fifteen minutes. I remember thinking “somebody’s going to get it…. I wonder how many will die before this is over?”

It’s ten years later and we still don’t know the answer to that question.

Bucky

These are pictures of ground zero in PDF format.
    http://www.ada-yoga.de/PDF/911 Fotos.pdf

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    What a horrible day. Started out my shift, at Grissom, in a deployment planning meeting. Half way through the meeting, one of our Intel guys stuck his head in the door and said that a plane had crashed into the WTC. We wrapped up the meeting and went over to Ops Plans to check out the news. I will never forget standing there, with a group of pilots, when the plane impacted into the second tower. At first, we stood there in stunned disbelief; then looked at each other and knew we were under attack. Within minutes, the base went to Delta. We received the report that the Pentagon was hit and then another airliner went down in Penn. We took cover when an unidentified aircraft flew over the base. After that, time became a blur, until we were activated and deployed on 20 Sept.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I was in my truck and going to an appointment. My wife called to tell me. Did not really sink in till I saw the pictures later that day. I remember gas getting really expensive in Indianapolis at some places and traffic being really bad on I-465. People were really freaked out by the whole event (and with good reason). Makes me wonder how society would react if a terrorist attack of even larger geography was launched the U.S.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Driving a delivery truck in Naples, Florida. My wife and I used to live there. I was listening to the Howard Stern radio show at the time. Was really PO'ed too!

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I was at work. I'm a school bus driver and was transporting my grade school kids to school. (Sp/Ed). When I stopped the bus the teachers/assistants were already out (they usually wait until the last minute to get the kids off the bus). One of the teachers told me about what happened. (I didn't hear it on the radio because my kids were so loud that day.)
    I picked up my high school, then my middle school then rushed back to the bus garage and left my phone # in case school was let out early. Then I rushed home to my housebound mother because I knew she would be freaked out. We watched the news until I had to return to work (I REALLY didn't want to leave her alone.)
    Fortunately, all the parents were home to get their kids and I was able to rush back home.

I was stunned, then angry. (And wished that I was young enough to join the military - to do SOMETHING............)

acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I woke up after the two towers had already falled and checked a different forum and saw posts about "we are at war". At first I wondered what the hell they were talking about and then I turned on the television and got the information.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    I was working night shift and slept through all of it. Stopped at gas station to fill up and get a Coke and saw gas was over $4 and I went in and asked what was going on. Station manager said we were "under attack" and the gas supply was going to be cut off :rolleyes: When I got to work I found a TV that was showing the video and giving an explanation of events as they knew them.
    It was a terrible day from there forward. Couldn't concentrate on the job and was concerned for friends in New York.

So I guess the answer to your question, I was asleep when it happened and oblivious to the events.

Top Bottom