• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Where were you when the planes were hitting the towers, Pentagon, and the field? It's a day that was burned into my brain. I will never forget no matter how many years go. I was working in the operating room in the middle of a kidney stone surgery and someone mentioned that a plane had struck the tower. I remember saying how stupid some one was. Then when the second one hit and reality set in, so did the anger. I Also remember stepping outside and seeing no airplane streaks across the sky. Since I live between Indy and Dayton that was an odd sight. It's the story of America, and we are all part of that story? Where were you on 9-11-01?

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Can never forget it. Woke that morning and went to the church to pray and begin my day. I distinctly remember how beautiful a day it was. For some reason, I took my cell-phone with me that morning, which as odd as it sounds, was weird for me because I never took it. On my knees in prayer, my mother called me and told me the news. Got up and went back home and stayed glued to the TV for nearly the rest of the day.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I was at work (Fort Wayne Airport - 3rd shift) and we watched the news on the 1st plane hitting the North Tower! We thought, "Wow...what a bad accident!" Got home and saw the 2nd plane had hit the South Tower...and realization set in!

It was the day I bought my first Glock...a Model 23 in .40 S&W!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I was in high school as a Sophomore. When I walked into my second hour class (just after the second tower was hit) I noticed the TV was on (which was never on in this class). I remember being surprised and saying out loud "Oh... The World Trade Center is on fire." After those words escaped my mouth, I realized just how out of the ordinary that was and knew something was seriously wrong. The math teacher decided watching history in the making was far more important than algebra, so we stayed glued to the TV for the rest of second period, and the anger was firmly cemented by the time I left that class.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I was in the military. we knew we would be going in first and started getting ready. the mood was one of anger for sure. And payback was on our minds.
    sure enough we were there in october of 01 kicking ass.

I will never forget the letters we received from victims families and the firefighters and police officers thanking us. It still gives me chills and brings a tear to my eye.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I was packing up my son to go watch a baseball game. My ex called to see if I had the news on (I usually would've but didn't). He said to turn it on and stay home, that he was on lockdown and he'd see me when he got home. Turned on the tv and saw the 2nd plane hit. I didn't go anywhere that day. But went out the next day and bought a few different papers. I'm going to frame the front pages along with the OBL is dead paper and hang them on the wall

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Building a retaining wall around the backside of our pool.

Oddly after having cash languishing in our roth IRAs on 9-10-01 we bought Ford Motor stock. :xmad: Still have it. Price is back where we bought it.

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    I was working, heard the news on the radio, immediately switched to the tube. Stayed glued the rest of the day, unfortunately saw the second tower strike. I remember thinking whats the airplane doing flying so close, oh no what the @#$% it crashed into the tower. I was absolutely shook by the experience. Those poor people.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I was in France, it was the afternoon there when that happend.
    I was celebrating my birthday with my family.Turned the TV on to check what was on while eating my birthday cake and saw the second attack live on the french national TV.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Just getting to my shop, was in the Navy at the time. The entire place was quiet when I walked in, I made some off hand remark and everyone told me to shut up and come over to the break area to watch the TV. Total disbelief when I got over there.

First thing we did was call up to man power and see which boats and which squadrons were going out first. I ended up heading out 3 months early on one of the first CVN's deployed in OEF.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Was a junior in highschool so I was just starting my morning english class. Someone came in and said a plane had hit tower 1. Thinking they were joking (and in my defense I had no reason to believe otherwise, things like that just didn't happen), made some offhanded remark like "Huh, I guess terrorists can do something right" that still haunts me to this day. School pretty much shut down the rest of the day, and we spent it watching the news reports on TV in the classrooms that had them, and reading/watching on the internet in the classrooms that didn't. I remembering being doubly freaked out because those were the days where my dad was flying in and out of DC and NYC a lot.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I was at Camp Pendelton when it happened. We had just got back from the range and were cleaning our weapons when my sat phone went off. My now ex wife was on the other end. I said "someone better be dead" she knew this phone was for emergencies ONLY as I would get my @ss ripped. She said "There is alot of people dead and more are going to die by the time this is over. A plane hit the WTC and people are going nuts". I turned on the tv in the squad bay about the time the 2nd plane hit and told her I had to go and I loved her and would call when I could. About the same time our Gunney and LT were running through the door yelling for us to grab our gear and hit the tarmac. We all knew what was going on at that point and were pissed to say the very least! Within 2 hours we were aboard ship! I will never forget that day for the rest of my life nor the days that followed it!
    God bless the families of the fallen who tragicly lost their lives in this attack and those brothers and sisters of mine from all branches not just USMC who lost their lives in service to our country because of it!:patriot:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I was in an office in the loop, slightly miffed that a co-worker was late. She came in and said "don't you know what happened?" I said no and she said some Arabs ran a plane into the WTC. At first I thought it must have been a light plane that some goofy jihadist got. About an hour later we were all leaving for home. The loop was practically deserted, as I walked by the Sears Tower I saw police cars all over the area. Got on the Metra to go home and everyone was very quiet. When the train left Union Station, the conductor said he would not be collecting tickets.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I was working in a laundry room in a new home in Center Grove. I heard that the first plane hit then the news was on the rest of the day. I listened as the day unfolded. As others have said, there was a flood of emotions. I remember being pissed later that afternoon when I drove past the gas station at 37 and Southport and the price was nearly $4 a gallon. That morning the price was about $1.50.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom